breaking up.. but need help like crazy!

Okay, please help!

I was dating a great guy for over two years, but once i got to college... it all just changed. I didn't expect it becausee when he went to college, nothing changed. But now I want to be free to date and have fun. I dont want to have my future planned out anymore. I want to be a little uncerrtain. so we went on a break, and about two weeks into it he tells me "i'm ready for you to be my girlfriend again" and I said okay. This is how our relationship has been. we do what he wants (even though the break was my idea) so... we're back to me being miserable. I want to break up with him. I NEED to break up with him. but... I don't know HOW! I just can't face him. when i get around him, i turn into this weak, fumbling girl who has no clue. If i broke up with him over the phone, would that be the meanest thing ever? my friends say in person is best, but i just dont know how. If he comes over here, how could i say "okay leave now" ? if i go over there... i can't go over there. so.. i mean in theory its so easy to say it all and jump into my car and leave. but in real life? I can't take the time to explain everything. if i explain...he might get me to change my mind. i KNOW i need to do this. can anyone help me???

After a two year relationship, anything other than an in person break up would be LAME as hell. Don't be a coward, if you're going to break this guy's heart, do it, but don't email him or call him, that's insulting.

Just do it and do it soon, the longer it takes, the worse it'll get. Go over there and do it. Breaking up's never easy. Well, rarely. There IS no easy way out.

If he makes you feel weak, insecure, and like you said, all fumbling when you're with him, then you need to go ahead and let him go NOW. It would be emotionally straining in the future if you keep it up, knowing how much you want to break-up with him, but not having the courage to speak out about it. Do it now while you're young, the longer you're in this relationship, the worse it's going to get. If you think that you don't want to let him go yet, TALK to him about the relationship and where it's heading. Do not let him see THIS side of you, it could turn him off or make him see that he can control you. Good luck.

its the other way round, my ex gf got tired of giving for 3yrs. decide to break up with me.

here i am, dewelling over the past.

i'm sorry.

Liv'nLearning

Whether you are getting dumped or ending it yourself, it is always best to let that person go with dignity, respect and well-wishes.

I recently was dumped from a 2 year relationship without closure and I can tell you I deserved more than that!

Face your friend, tell him he is a wonderful man and you have wonderful memories together. Tell him you are not ready for that kind of commitment and you don't want him to wait for you! You are young and want to experience more of life.

Tell him the woman that gets him is very lucky and you were lucky to have in your life and will treasure that always.

Keep your head up like a lady! never let yourself down or insult or hurt others. This way, you can leave with dignity for the both of you. :)