how to salvage your self respect

Anyone know a good spin to help yourself when you realize you've been played...you were a booty call.....you were groomed as a scapegoat for all your partner's displaced anger and distressful feeling states....you were just a substitute for your partner's ex....you were lied to, duped, and tricked by a master passive agressive? And then, of course, thrown away out of the blue like so much used kleenex?

I can't help but feel like I was an idiot and I am a mental health therapist, for chrissakes. Just need some way to look at it so I can continue to salvage my self respect.

Thanks.

This is but a small action that will boost up your inner being:

Put some of those loving feelings you own into a child (your own children, your little nephew or niece, your kid siblings) or an aged relative... read something to them, share time with them, buy them something, eat with them... or give some of your time to the community or people in need...

You are feeling human again, you are givin some of yourself without expecting anything from others... isn't that a bit different from what we do everyday with you-know-who...?

Doing something for ourselves is always good, but doing something good for others is infinitely better...

If not, at least you will be busy and useful:D