NEED help understanding!!

so_confused7

Hey! Can somebody PLEASE help me understand the mentality of a college senior guy and what that does to dating relationships!??! As a girl I can honestly say that i never dealt with "senioritis"!

PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND my 21 year-old ex!!!

you're assuming that the guy's behavior is attributable to his current status as a college senior. Why do you make that assumption? What would you make of his behavior if he were only a junior, or if he had graduated two years ago?

Unless he's saying "hey, I'm being a jerk/unreliable/generally objectionable (whatever) because it's my last year in college," I think you're putting a very simplistic spin on his state of mind.

You're not providing enough information for anyone to give you meaningful feedback about what might be going on with him. Even if he is suffering from "senioritis," (although it's a bit early for that, surely) the ambivalence, impatience, and/or apathy one might typically associate with that state of mind will not manifest the same in everyone. You're not talking about pneumonia.

• Author
so_confused7

Okay- let me explain a little more- we had dated for 2 years and everything was cool and then all of a sudden in July he started this "i want a break" attitude. This was totally out of character for him too- b/c he was the one that was SO engulfed in the relationship from the get-go. All of this was very hard on me b/c it was unexpected too. Now that we are not "together" he is going out and doing crazy things that he NEVER did when we were together!

Everybody i have talked to said that it was all probably due to the fact that it was his senior year of college and that is over-whelming to a guy (b/c they face the end of many things...college sports..buddies..etc.)

i feel like guys at 21 have a totally different mind-set than girls do at that age. i guess what i am asking here is...what are guys thinking at that age. Since we broke-up let me add too that he has acted like he is STONE and nothing at all bothers him. i dont understand how you can date someone for 2 years and end it out of the blue and just "be fine" with it. Do guys mask their true emotions?