Two and a half years later.

Hey everyone.

A little over two years ago I was posting on these forums like mad. My boyfriend - my first love - of three years had left me for someone else.

I posted here every day, I replied to countless threads. Eventually I realized: he's not leaving her. As time passed, when people asked if ex's that leave you for someone else ever come back I'd reply:

Nope, my ex left me for someone else, its been two years and they're still happily together.

Well you know what? After not speaking in 2.5 years, he called me. He wanted to apologize for what he did to me. Why? Because his girlfriend (the girl he left me for) left him for someone else.

Two years ago I was living for this call. Today, I'm dating a wonderful man whom I am very happy with - we have our troubles (indeed the last time I posted on this thread we were on a "break" for a week) - and a lot of those troubles have came from my fear of getting hurt again. But I'm moving forward, and honestly, a lot of great things have happened in the last month that have made my life better than ever (really).

So. When the ex called? I told him he didn't need to feel sorry because that break up forced me to grow and now I'm happier than ever.

Part of the hurt girl in me has some satisfaction in what happened... maybe that's why I'm posting here.

I just wanted those of you going through a freak break up - or those of you that are dealing with an old wound that is taking time to heal - to know that you know what... sometimes the dumper finally figures it out. I don't believe in karma, so if you any of ya say what goes around comes around... I'll have to strangle you. ;)

shocked_confused

Woww, great story thanks for sharing!

Almost three weeks ago now, my bf of 6 years broke up with me just weeks after he moved to a new city 2000 miles away. I don't know if its because he met someone else or he just wanted to experience life on his own (he said it was the latter, but sometimes I can't help but think it was the former).

Either way, your story is touching and its nice to know that there can be a happy ending after a devastating break up.

let me add to your story also...I can open up about my past big break and heartbreak,,,about my exhusband..

me and him had troubles in our marriage but we were still together and have two wonderful chilren. The youngest one had a lot of problems and I needed to find him therapy, during that time I dedicated myself to finding him the speech and occupational therapies for him cuz he was gonna go to a special ed program and for me that was something to deal with too since is difficult and scary to hear that about one's child.

ok so during that time after I noticed him changing, I noticed him distant, hiding his phone. After checking up on computer and stuff , I noticed he was talking to this other girl. I was so mad sad, that just broke the marriage. and you know what was teh worst???? that she knew he was married and with kids and knew that he was living under the same roof as me. Of course he tried to blame it on me saying things like that if I were giving him what he needed he would not have looked elsewhere.

Anyways to make a long story short, we separated (hardest period in my life). He was with that girl and after he finally left the apt cuz I told him he coudlnt be in the same roof with me. He was with her for like 4 months or so adn then they broke up. He came begging to me after that, saying how it was a mistake blah blah.

We tried it again but the trust was gone and after been with him back fro like 2 months I noticed a change again but this time I was stronger. I dumped him before new years to start fresh. And my suspicions were right cuz he had this new gf, which also didnt last very long but I was over him already didnt care anymore.

Now years have passed and Im officially divorced from him cuz I know it wont work and I have no feelings at all for this man who hurt me soo soo much. I wish I could never speak to him but because of the children I have to. But anyways he tells me sometimes hwo he can't find nobody like me, etc. how he tells every girl that the best thing he loved about me and finds important is how he could trust me and I would say the truth all the times.

so yes when somebody hurts you soo much and cheat on you with someone else they do repent in time. But by then guess what.. you dont care anymore.

Thanks for putting out this message of encouragement and surprise. You are right, never say never, when you least expect it someone may want to come back into your life, someone you would have moved heaven and earth for when the break up was fresh, but when they want to come back, they find out it's not their decision this time. :p

I don't blame you one bit for feeling a sense of satisfaction and even feeling smug, but the truth is that you are happy now, you have met someone who is better for you, and you have grown and moved forward.

Sweet. :D

This is one of the most uplifting posts I've ever read on here. Thank you for posting it - I wish more people would come back and share their success in getting over it. :D

This really helped me.

Well you know what? After not speaking in 2.5 years, he called me. He wanted to apologize for what he did to me.

Why? Because his girlfriend (the girl he left me for) left him for someone else.

So. When the ex called? I told him .....I'm happier than ever.

sometimes the dumper finally figures it out. I don't believe in karma, so if you any of ya say what goes around comes around... I'll have to strangle you. ;)

hey Tokyvogue, I think that's great!! love that!! It is funny how things like this happen ;) Someone better for you was just right around the corner!

It's interesting and sad that people really don't know what they have until it's gone. Some learn their lessons when they can't apply it to past situations. And if the person they learned a hard lesson about was a keeper, it's a hard lesson to learn since there aren't that many quality suitable people out there. At least they're hard to find.

I have also noticed on a couple of occasions where I was totally taken for granted that by the time they came back I really didn't care or want them back.