Commitment Phobia, a true phobia?

HelplessnHouston

i have been seeing this guy off and on since october. i really wasn't that interested in him at first because he is so much older than me and i just wasn't that attracted to him. he is 40 and i am only24. i know i should have seen the warning signs. but, he was successful ( a denstist), smart, strong, and incredibly charming. he made me feel so good when i was with him and eventually i fell for him. esp. after i slept with him. anyway, he slowly started to slip away after he got what he wanted. i felt terrible. i am not trying to be vain, but i know that i'm attractive, smart, and have a few things going for me. i am also very kind and loving to those i give my heart to. but, apparently it wasn't enough. he still came around, just at his convenience. when i confronted him, he told me that it wasn't me and that i was a wonderful girl that any guy should be so lucky to find, but that he had a problem with commitment. he came back again and i thought he changed. i was so wrong. he was back to his old tricks fast and now i am so fed up that i wrote him a long e-mail telling him that if he was going to view our relationship as a trap, it's no wonder he won't commit. he didn't respond. i told him that he has made me feel demoralized and dehumanized because he uses me for sex and then acts as if he can't leave soon enough. i now no that i will probably never hear from him again. i am very hurt and confused as to why he leaves when things are so good. any advice or insight???????? thanks a lot!

do you think commitmentphobia is a true phobia?

I would say this guy is a huge JERK. I dont really care if its a phobia, i think he just doesnt want to settle down, he likes how he treats women....and at his age.....i dont think its going to stop. hes old enough to know what he would want in life and he keeps doing this, that is very strange.

let him go, move on, dont talk to him again

• Author
HelplessnHouston

by the way, i can spell. i meant to write dentist, and i know, not i no! oops! in a rush!

• Author
HelplessnHouston

thanks for your advice, jelaxy.

i know he's a jerk, but it's so hard to just get over someone when they used to be so nice to you. ya know? i'm trying!