Feeling Betrayed

I've been going out with my girlfriend A for some 4 years and I do love her to bits. We've had our ups and downs and very early on I discovered that there was another bloke on the scene G. I obviously confronted her about this and have been repeatedly faced with denials and accusations of being bad-minded. However, my suspicions have now been proven right and I have finally had a confession (of sorts).

I disappeared for a few days and had her phoning and crying, begging for me to return. I told her there could be a second chance provided she cut off contact with this man. She changed her Sim card on her mobile but not before I saw a message from him calling her a lapdog for taking me back especially as she had told him she wasn't happy with me.

To cut a long story short she has now asked me to move in with her and it's a decision that I've postponed until I've sorted my emotions out. It seems to me the lying hasn't stopped. If she's told him she isn't happy with me then she's either lying to him or she's now lying to me. Importantly I think she's lying to herself.

My trust in her has been severely eroded and I wonder if it can be rebuilt. If I take the risk then I may be setting myself up for the biggest fall of my life.

I just wonder if anyone has had a similar experience.

Cheers J

I haven't had anything like this happen but I would suggest a very serious "come to Jesus" meeting with her as soon as possible. Sit down, and talk. You can't make any decisions until you are confident that the truth has been layed on the table for all to see. IF she can come out with the truth and start fresh then I think you have a very good chance of surviving. If she can't then you will be left with a bag of heartache. I'm sorry.