Obsessions

If anyone has been in the same situation, please advice me!

I broke up with a guy almost a year ago. He said he didn't want to be in a relationship (it was long-distance and all) but at the same time he didn't manage to break it off completely, he just didn't write to me or call me very often, I had to call him, so I got fed up. So I'm happy that I did break it off, for these reasons. However, it's still impossible for me to let go. It's so bad that I can't feel anything for any other guy (not many try because they seem to notice that I'm not really available but some really good guys have showed interest, I just can't feel anything for them). I think about him every day and when I force myself to stop I'll dream about him instead. This has even made me do far worse in my studies (I'm doing a Master's) than I would have otherwise because I find it hard to concentrate and instead think about what happened, blame myself or my bad luck and just can't seem to be able to accept that it won't go anywhere with this guy. It's not like I don't have an interesting life, I do, I run marathons, do karate, dance, travel, go out with my friends, everything I really love doing, but these things don't seem to distract me enough. I'm 28 now and that's not helping because especially my mum wants to see me married and with kids (and I would too!) and I'm starting to feel the pressure to have kids before it's too late.

Any suggestions?

Especially if you've been in the same situation, I'd like to hear from you, how you got out of it.

Thanks!

hi,

im in the same situation as you. its been a bout a year. And i still think of her everyday. I went to wedding today...my ex and i were suppose to be in TO together, since the couple getting married were mutual friends. It was tough,because we were planning our wedding around the same time last year. Its effects my concentration at work most days..and its getting irratating, espeacially the dreams. i dunno, one of those things we have to cope with