Ex hanging out with my little brother?

I was with by now ex-bf for about a year and a half, it was pretty casual at first then we got pretty serious the last 8 months. He went to my hometown with me for a weekend to meet my family. My younger brother, whom I am very close with, wanted to meet my bf so he drove home from college for a few hours. He was only there long enough to go to dinner with everyone.

In the months following my bf and my brother would talk to one another randomly when I was with one and the other called but they weren't really friends.

I broke up with my ex about a month ago. My brother called me a week or two ago to ask if I had gotten back together with him because he was in my brothers town and wanted to hang out that night. I told him I hadn't talked to him since I broke up with him, so my brother thought it was odd to hang out with my ex so he didn't.

Last night they drunk dialed me, it was mostly my brother but I could hear my ex in the background and when I asked who he was hanging out with he said "oh it's just (ex's name)" then he told me that my ex was driving back there next weekend to hang out again.

It's odd because my brother is 20 and my ex is 25 and my ex lives in the same city I do which is 6 hours away from my brother, actually in another state)

I'm not sure what to think of it. My best friend thinks my ex is trying to get my attention because I won't answer his calls or emails. Any thoughts would be appreciated :)

My best friend thinks my ex is trying to get my attention because I won't answer his calls or emails. Any thoughts would be appreciated :)

That sounds right about on the money to me.

I'm assuming you broke up with him? I didn't know you two broke up...

• Author
That sounds right about on the money to me.

I'm assuming you broke up with him? I didn't know you two broke up...

Yeah I did although by the end of it he was in complete agreement, it happened right before I went on my grad school interview so I was more focused on that and didn't really think about the break up. I forgot to tell a lot of people, one of my friends who I don't talk to all that much just found out yesterday :o I feel bad that I didn't tell anyone.

Edited by ShoeGirl
  • Author
Yeah, then it's definitely an attention-seeking tactic.

I guess it's a little flattering but I'd respond better to him acknowledging what was wrong with us.

Nothing bad happened between us we just didn't have much time to see each other and I was getting tired of being the only one trying to find time when he didn't want to change any of his other plans or include me in them :o

GRRRR I hate that he is actually getting to me. He won't know that but he is.

He's doing this to get your attention when he wants it. It's all about him and what he wants in his eyes. Don't let it be.

• Author
He's doing this to get your attention when he wants it. It's all about him and what he wants in his eyes. Don't let it be.

He's sure going through a lot to get it, it's a 12 hour drive round trip to hang out with my brother :laugh:

I'm not going to let my brother or my ex know that it is affecting me.