Hard to accept

I've been in an amazing relationship with someone who said that i was the person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. He just broke up with me because I have herpes. I'm devastated. Not only did i acquire herpes from a boyfriend that lied to me, I'm now confronted with this. How can a person who says that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me and loves me break up over herpes.

It doesn't make sense. I can't image anyone letting a virus come between them and someone they love. I told him very early on before we became close so that he could make a decision before he got emotionally involved. It has been a big issue for him from the beginning. Health wise, H isn't a big deal for me but my boyfriend's response has been very stressful. My boyfriend engaged me on every level and then one day stopped wanting to have sex.

Since we were great together it was a surprise. He said that he thought he would get past the stress of acquiring it but never did. He told me that he didn't want to have sex again unless we were married, but never proposed. I can't believe that anyone would find this to be a reason to end a relationship and I can't believe that someone would make me feel so horrible by using it as an excuse to end things. I am so hurt.