RSVP Already!!!

Why do people not RSVP??? Today is when I asked for the RSVP cards back. I still have 51 people I haven't heard from. We addressed and stamped a return envelope for the response card for all the invitations. We also have a website on which people can RSVP. But hell. Over 30% of the people we have invited haven't bothered to respond (actually even more than that since the best man and my fiance's little brother didn't bother to respond either, but I assume they are coming and bringing their SO's). Okay, "maybe" all the remaining response cards are going to show up in the mail today. Yeah right.

People seem to think that I know they are coming. "Of course were coming!!!" Well, send in the damn card. I'm suppossed to know the plans of 170 people? My current favorite, "I told you when you got engaged that I was looking forward to it!". Oh, I'm suppossed to remember that??? And how am I suppossed to know that something hasn't come up???

Okay, this should probably be in the personal rant section, but I'll ask a question so it fits better here.

What's my next move? Can I just send emails to all these people and ask them to RSVP?

blind_otter

IME the sluggos I invited to my wedding, like 20% of them showed up without RSVPing.

Like you're supposed to use your psychic powers to know who will show up or something.

I did send emails or made calls to some people. We had about 20 in limbo RSVP land which = about 50 guests. I dropped a nice note/email/call blaming the postal system stating that we had not recieved other RSVPs that were mailed by guests, and were in fear that their Response was also lost in the mail as well.

It is very rude not to RSVP.

It is a pain in the ass, especially when you need an accurate head count. I had to call everybody. Luckily my wedding was small.

• Author

Sigh. I guess I'll start that process tomorrow. Pain in the ass.

I dropped a nice note/email/call blaming the postal system stating that we had not recieved other RSVPs that were mailed by guests, and were in fear that their Response was also lost in the mail as well.

It is very rude not to RSVP.

I have a friend who tried to RSVP but guess what? No return addresses in the RSVP! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

How can it be rude to not RSVP when there is no RSVP address, location, and time. :lmao::laugh::rolleyes:

• Author
I have a friend who tried to RSVP but guess what? No return addresses in the RSVP! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

How can it be rude to not RSVP when there is no RSVP address, location, and time. :lmao::laugh::rolleyes:

Well now that's just stupid. I wouldn't expect any RSVP's in that situation. Duh. But I agree that it is rude if it's as easy as I've made it.

Well now that's just stupid. I wouldn't expect any RSVP's in that situation. Duh. But I agree that it is rude if it's as easy as I've made it.

Yelp, I thought it was funny. I RSVP sometimes by email. IF you made it easy they shoudl RSVP ASAP and not those that pull out last minute.

penkitten

i think sometimes there are some people who ignore it on purpose. perhaps they dont want to go and feel that if they respond they are expected to send a card or gift anyhow.

i know its tacky but people are like this.

i mailed our invites this afternoon and i did the same as you with stamping and addressing the rsvp returns back to us.

im not sure who will respond or not yet.

please update if you have to end up calling so i will know what we should do in 3 weeks when we dont get ours back.