Bridal shower games

amaysngrace

Does anybody know of any good ones? I’m planning on doing The Who said it game and a wedding scramble game, I’m just looking for one or maybe two more.

Thanks!

They are all horrible & everyone hates them. The only one that is acceptable is BRIDAL bingo. Instead of #s you fill in the grid with types of shower gifts (toaster, cookbook, cash, Home Depot Gift card etc). Each card must be unique. Then you have prizes for whoever gets 5 in a row. That is the only way to make guests care about watching somebody else open presents for a long period of time.

• Like 1
  • Author

It’s not that long of time. This will be shower #3 so most of the gifts are gone from her registry and so I put down gift card suggestions to a few places. It’s going to be private in a restaurant and yes there will be wine!

Private in a restaurant & shower # 3. . . the people who didn't make the cut to the "real" shower. Please for all that is holy NO GAMES!

• Like 1
  • Author
Oh god, there is nothing I hate more than stupid shower games. Skip them.

I want to give out prizes :(

• Author
Private in a restaurant & shower # 3. . . the people who didn't make the cut to the "real" shower. Please for all that is holy NO GAMES!

What? No.

The bridesmaid shower was in Virginia, her mom is hosting one up in New York for her family and I’m doing South Jersey and Philly.

• Author

Their wedding is in Maryland and people are going to need to travel and book rooms for that, I don’t know why you’d think it’s for people who didn’t make the cut of a shower they’d have to travel four hours to get to.

OK. . . logistics. But don't expect guests to move about to play games in a restaurant. Stick to bridal bingo. It's unassuming.

• Author

They’re games you play while seated. I’m not breaking out the ole cornhole board for it or anything.

My family loves games and the bride fits right in.

• Like 1
  • Author
Another vote for no games. Manufactured fun isn't fun.

See I won at the last shower we all went to, well not the last one but the one before that, and I scored a nice merlot wrapped in a really cool looking quality cotton dish towel.

First I liked winning and second I liked my prize. Just yesterday I was putting away my valentine decorations and pulled out st pats and in that box was the dish towel from my cousin. It made me think of her and that day from last year.

No offense but I’m glad all you ladies aren’t coming to my shower. I didn’t ask yes or no to games, I asked for game ideas.

Look if you & your crew like games, play away. Do realize that many people hate them, as you have seen from these posts. Because it's in a restaurant keep movement to a minimum to avoid annoying other patrons.

You can easily play a version of the newlywed game. Ask him some Qs. Then get her to guess what he said:

1. Where was their 1st date?

2. What's her favorite food/color/movie etc.

3. Where were they when they 1st "made whoopie"?

etc.

• Like 1
  • Author

We’re going to have the restaurant all to ourselves. I rented the place out for the afternoon and they won’t start serving dinner until five.

We’re fancy game players :)

Fine. . . .

Why not play the games you played at the last shower? Since you all love them & we hate them, why ask us? :)

Despite the fact that I hate them here are some choices:

1. Bridal Bingo

2. newlywed game

3. toilet paper wedding gown -- guests play in teams making a dress

4. Purse bingo / Let's Make a Deal (who has a screw driver? a condom? a losing lottery ticket? old movie stubs etc. First person to 3 wins)

5. Observation Game (have the bride step out then have people fill in the blanks about her What color top? what style shoes? what kind of earrings etc. bring bride back; most right answers wins)

6. Collect photos of B & G through the years no more then 5 each where it's hard to identify who is who & have the guests guess at the ages of the couple in the photos

• Like 1

I hosted a shower for my sister in law. The only game we played was matching baby pictures to who they are... I had picture of the bride and groom and their parents, a few celebrities, and a few dogs (can’t leave out their furry four legged beast!) it was cute and quick! No one likes shower games. Pick one and not more if you think a game needs to be played. #mytwocents

• Like 1
  • Author

I use to hate amazon but now I like them a lot. I ordered three games from them. Purse game, under/over game and wedding word scramble game. They’re all white with gold print and look pretty. I also ordered a bride to be sash, a lace chair cover with a little veil on it and a bride to be banner. For prizes I lucked out because yankee has a buy one, get two free deal right now.

I’m also going to shop for a gift basket and maybe a notecard set. Luckily where I live has some of the best quaint shops around. I’m sure I’ll find nice gifts if I look.

Games are obviously popular judging from online shopping. Everybody saying shower games are lame crack me up. You all act like showers would be awesome otherwise if we only didn’t have to play games!

Everybody saying shower games are lame crack me up. You all act like showers would be awesome otherwise if we only didn’t have to play games!

No I'd still hate them. I actually stopped going to them about 15 years ago. I send a nice gift & my regrets. Nobody misses me.

• Like 1
  • Author

That’s exactly my point. Showers are a total drag. Games aren’t what make them bad though, imo.

Anyway my shower is going to be very nice. At least I’m hoping all the ladies will leave with that impression.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I hate shower games but you could do the one where there is a list and they mark everything they have in their purse and then get points. One point for like a phone/keys, 4 points for a book, 10 points for a vibrator....you know, a list of normal/less normal purse stuff?

• Like 1
  • Author
amaysngrace

We did play that purse game :)

The shower was a couple weeks ago and it was really very lovely. She was surprised too which made it even better :)

My son said she raved about it the whole way back to Baltimore. :love:

The shower was a couple weeks ago and it was really very lovely. She was surprised too which made it even better :)

Yeah for surprising her! Glad things went well & she was surprised. Were the games you bought a hit?

• Like 1