LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Getting Married

Bridal shower games

Getting Married Cold feet to pre-marital stressors--the place to discuss all the issues that come with saying "I do."

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th February 2019, 6:28 PM   #16
Established Member

Fine. . . .

Why not play the games you played at the last shower? Since you all love them & we hate them, why ask us?

Despite the fact that I hate them here are some choices:

1. Bridal Bingo

2. newlywed game

3. toilet paper wedding gown -- guests play in teams making a dress

4. Purse bingo / Let's Make a Deal (who has a screw driver? a condom? a losing lottery ticket? old movie stubs etc. First person to 3 wins)

5. Observation Game (have the bride step out then have people fill in the blanks about her What color top? what style shoes? what kind of earrings etc. bring bride back; most right answers wins)

6. Collect photos of B & G through the years no more then 5 each where it's hard to identify who is who & have the guests guess at the ages of the couple in the photos
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 6:38 PM   #17
Established Member

Thank you! I like the observe the bride idea.
Old 24th February 2019, 10:06 AM   #18

I hosted a shower for my sister in law. The only game we played was matching baby pictures to who they are... I had picture of the bride and groom and their parents, a few celebrities, and a few dogs (canít leave out their furry four legged beast!) it was cute and quick! No one likes shower games. Pick one and not more if you think a game needs to be played. #mytwocents
Yogagirl565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2019, 11:01 AM   #19
Established Member

Pictionary is always fun

- The Eagles
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2019, 4:18 AM   #20
Established Member

I use to hate amazon but now I like them a lot. I ordered three games from them. Purse game, under/over game and wedding word scramble game. Theyíre all white with gold print and look pretty. I also ordered a bride to be sash, a lace chair cover with a little veil on it and a bride to be banner. For prizes I lucked out because yankee has a buy one, get two free deal right now.

Iím also going to shop for a gift basket and maybe a notecard set. Luckily where I live has some of the best quaint shops around. Iím sure Iíll find nice gifts if I look.

Games are obviously popular judging from online shopping. Everybody saying shower games are lame crack me up. You all act like showers would be awesome otherwise if we only didnít have to play games!
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2019, 5:24 AM   #21
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaysngrace View Post
Everybody saying shower games are lame crack me up. You all act like showers would be awesome otherwise if we only didnít have to play games!
No I'd still hate them. I actually stopped going to them about 15 years ago. I send a nice gift & my regrets. Nobody misses me.
Old 26th February 2019, 7:22 PM   #22
Established Member

Thatís exactly my point. Showers are a total drag. Games arenít what make them bad though, imo.

Anyway my shower is going to be very nice. At least Iím hoping all the ladies will leave with that impression.
Old 21st March 2019, 2:00 PM   #23
Established Member

I hate shower games but you could do the one where there is a list and they mark everything they have in their purse and then get points. One point for like a phone/keys, 4 points for a book, 10 points for a vibrator....you know, a list of normal/less normal purse stuff?
chryssy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2019, 3:41 PM   #24
Established Member

We did play that purse game

The shower was a couple weeks ago and it was really very lovely. She was surprised too which made it even better

My son said she raved about it the whole way back to Baltimore.
Old 21st March 2019, 6:42 PM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaysngrace View Post
The shower was a couple weeks ago and it was really very lovely. She was surprised too which made it even better
Yeah for surprising her! Glad things went well & she was surprised. Were the games you bought a hit?
Old 21st March 2019, 7:49 PM   #26
Established Member

Thank you! Well my son helped me with the under/over gameís answers and evidently gave them all backwards but we had two winners if they did their answers backwards too so I guess it was a hit, albeit a bit confusing.

Fortunately the cabernet, riesling and chardonnay I chose were also a hit so it was all good
Old 21st April 2019, 11:19 PM   #27
SJS
Established Member

I was the youngest cousin on both sides of large families, and there were so many games I couldn't participate in but I always loved the "don't say it" game. I can't remember the specifics so you may need to look it up, but no one can say certain words like bride or groom, and if anyone does they get a pin or checkmark or something. The person with the most (or least?) pins gets a gift.
SJS is offline   Reply With Quote