LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Getting Married

Getting married but...

Getting Married Cold feet to pre-marital stressors--the place to discuss all the issues that come with saying "I do."

Like Tree29Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th December 2018, 11:37 AM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigit87 View Post
Well it depends on how important sex is to you. I don't care if I never have sex again.
Like most engaged persons, she cares:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkDotsXOXO View Post
I donít wanqn feel lonely and that my needs arenít being met when we make such a serious commitment.
Mr. Lucky

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 17th December 2018, 3:05 PM   #17

Don't get married to this guy. End it so he can go find someone that is sex compatible with him. And you can find someone else that is sex compatible with you. There may be love for him now, but as time goes by, and if sex is not compatible with each other, the love will fade. These kind of problems will not get better with time; only worst and resentments.
Old 18th December 2018, 7:42 AM   #18
Established Member

getting married but...

OP, your thread title reveals all. Do not get married...there should be no "buts" about it.
Old 18th December 2018, 10:14 AM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
The sex will get worse once you marry. If you are already unhappy do not marry. Fix it if you can but otherwise think long & hard about whether you want a celibate marriage.
I can't second this enough. Sex slows down after marriage and especially after kids. If it isn't working now you can forget about it later.
Old 4th January 2019, 2:56 AM   #20

afraid of getting marriage now

I am afraid of getting marriage now, I don't want my love to end because of marriage.
Old 24th February 2019, 4:07 PM   #21

Before Iv'e got married at my 22 year old, my fiance and I were very much in love, we were doing everything together and felt like we'd never get tired of each other, he had passion for life with me, living me basically and so did I! but as soon as we got married, it felt like he lost interest in doing things with me I mean by (going out, or just even watching tv with me) he reached the goal of having wife and completely left me and the only contact he had with me is having sex, when I absolutely lost interest in having sex because he never was romantic anymore, he never said sorry when he was wrong, he never was sweet anymore and felt like all he was needing is having sex with me, it hurt me a lot since for me it was a huge step moving on a new life with him and after all it's all he wanted from me, but nothing else about me was interesting for him. In this case I wanted attention, warming words, feeling beloved and important before I wanted to have physical passion with him because from that it should grow! and from him all he wanted is to 'finish' and just do his stuff and absolutely forgetting about my existence.
Old 25th February 2019, 1:11 AM   #22
Established Member

I don't want to sound terrible, but are you sure of his sexual orientation? You're positive he just feels self-conscious and it's not something more? This sounds like an unconventional situation and I agree with the others that if you aren't able to resolve it before walking down the aisle, you'll come to resent it and it will only get worse.
Closed Thread