LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Getting Married

fiance grossed me out at dinner

Getting Married Cold feet to pre-marital stressors--the place to discuss all the issues that come with saying "I do."

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th November 2018, 2:19 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post
By partner and I have a saying for things like this... "Boy humor." In other words, stupid and immature things -
I have noticed that women who grew up with brothers have more tolerance toward that type of humor.
Old 15th November 2018, 2:42 PM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeta View Post
I have noticed that women who grew up with brothers have more tolerance toward that type of humor.
Lol no brothers here and I love bathroom humor

In OPís case thatís the tip of something much bigger IMO. People donít get upset at small things when it comes to loved ones.
No_Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2018, 3:07 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Go View Post
Lol no brothers here and I love bathroom humor

In OPís case thatís the tip of something much bigger IMO. People donít get upset at small things when it comes to loved ones.
Maybe. Not saying this is the OP, but there are some people who always have to have something to be unhappy and complain about. If they donít have something, they create something.
CardsFan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2018, 8:14 PM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicyn View Post
We don't have any big relationship problems other than stupid stuff like this. I know it's trivial.
It is not trivial if he is deliberately playing off of something that he knows is a pet peeve or 'hot button' or 'trigger' for you. Perhaps he especially does it at the dinner table,
but it is not mere "bad table manners" that he is displaying.

On the other side, it could be indicating that it is high time time for you to actually look at yourself, and what and why you think are "bad table manners",
and why you think those are so important to family unity and world peace.
Old 15th November 2018, 8:31 PM   #20
Established Member

I'm sorry, but I just can't imagine a picture of a cockroach being such a big deal. Perhaps he has boy humour and likes gross stuff, but you're sounding quite oversensitive here.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2018, 2:27 AM   #21
Established Member

Is the picture of the cockroach the issue here?

My husband leaves the toilet seat up, doesn't change the toilet paper roll and leaves cups around the house. It annoys the hell out of me. After our separation ends at the end of the month, it'll be an annoyance, but it's really a mute point.

I think you need to ask your self what is really bothering you. Seems like a symptom of a bigger problem.
TheRainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2018, 6:01 AM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainbow View Post
I think you need to ask your self what is really bothering you. Seems like a symptom of a bigger problem.
Yup. Feeling anxious about making the big commitment... need to push away and reduce the vulnerability? Well, you've got your excuse now even if it's only a photo of a bug. So cut off the sex, put the fiancť in the doghouse for a month or two, and play the blame game... you'll get that distance you're looking for.
salparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2018, 8:49 AM   #23
Established Member

You kidding us , right.
l think the immaturity could be on the other foot if your on here starting a thread over a picture .
Dunno how your gonna survive marriage if that's all it takes.
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote