LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Getting Married

Is it true that some men only get married to prove that he is serious about you?

Getting Married Cold feet to pre-marital stressors--the place to discuss all the issues that come with saying "I do."

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2018, 6:34 PM   #1

Post Is it true that some men only get married to prove that he is serious about you?

And if this is the case for some men, why is it that some still cheat after marrying you to prove to you hes Serious? How serious can he be if hes cheating?
Linaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2018, 6:35 PM   #2
Established Member

No, that is not true. Where did you hear that?
CautiouslyOptimistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2018, 6:36 PM   #3
Established Member

for the same reason that closeted gay men get married to a woman

- The Eagles
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2018, 7:57 PM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linaa View Post
And if this is the case for some men, why is it that some still cheat after marrying you to prove to you hes Serious? How serious can he be if hes cheating?
I'm confused by your question. Are you asking if a man still cheats after marrying his wife he is trying to prove to her he's serious?
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2018, 8:13 PM   #5
Established Member

I don't understand your question either. Perhaps you are asking why a man marries if he's going to continue cheating?
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2018, 10:22 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linaa View Post
And if this is the case for some men, why is it that some still cheat after marrying you to prove to you hes Serious?
I think the OP's sentence is just awkwardly constructed. Seems she means:

And if this is the case for some men, why is it that, after marrying you to prove to you hes serious, some still cheat?

Linaa, there's no one type of cheater. Some who are unfaithful had to be drug to the altar, some entered marriage willingly. Rather than intent, I'd look at history. Those that cheated before the wedding seem more likely to continue the behavior afterwards...

Mr. Lucky

Eleanor Roosevelt
Mr. Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2018, 7:11 PM   #7
Established Member

Your question reminds me of a story I heard from a college guy I know well.

This guy would hook up with a woman ... and then a few days later ... ask them out to a nice dinner. And when he met them for dinner, the atmosphere and energy between them was totally awkward.

Why? ... Because his dinner offer was a fake offer. He somehow wanted to show the hookup date that he wasn't thinking of her as a hookup.

Now let's say he was really interested in getting to know the woman better. Then a dinner date would have been fine. But he was faking "respect."

So yes, there are men out there who propose marriage ... because they want to show their gf's that they really like them. They are faking interest.

Let's say a woman complains that her bf is distant and doesn't show full interest in her ... Yes, some guys will make the idiotic decision to propose marriage as a way of showing them how much he really likes them.

This doesn't work ... because marrying someone does not solve the problems a couple had when they were dating.

It's idiotic for the woman to accept the marriage offer as if marriage will cure the problems and complaints she had in the relationship. And it's idiotic for the guy to offer to marry someone in hopes that their partner will be "satisfied" and "happy" in the relationship.

Now to cheating ... Yes one reason a guy might make this kind of offer is because yes, he's already cheating ... his gf accuses him of being distant ... so he decides that marrying her will quiet her complaints and yes he can go on cheating. (He'll cut off the cheating or limit it for a little while leading up to the wedding. Then resume big time after the wedding.)

The problem here is that you do NOT marry some to show you're serious or to show anything!

You marry someone because you can't imagine life without them. You marry them because you think they are amazing and that you and them together will be amazing and wonderful for each other. You marry them because the two of you together just really work and complement and build on each other.

You don't marry to show anybody anything!

So one should never accept a marriage proposal from a guy who is trying to show he is serious.
Lotsgoingon is offline   Reply With Quote