LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Getting Married

What did you do for your honeymoon?

Getting Married Cold feet to pre-marital stressors--the place to discuss all the issues that come with saying "I do."

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th September 2018, 12:02 PM   #1
Established Member

What did you do for your honeymoon?

Also, was there anything you did that made it "different" from a regular couples' vacation?
Old 7th September 2018, 12:12 PM   #2
Established Member

me and my ex-wife went down to Venice, Florida to catch some sun and hit the attractions. the sex was ok but nothing special. ate some good food, though.

- The Eagles
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2018, 12:38 PM   #3
Established Member

We did the stereotypical honeymoon, nothing different as we are not adventurous, more on the boring side )

Went to Hawaii. Spent a few days in Oahu and then boarded a 7 day cruise to Maui, The Big Island and Kawai. The most expensive vacation of our lives, completed with first class fight and a suite with a buttler and a hot tub. It was extraordinary, probably will never do that again so I'm glad we had the chance to do it.

In turn, we had a pretty small wedding that didn't cost a lot of money, cheap dress, few flowers etc. put all the money towards this vacation of our lifetime
BluEyeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2018, 12:50 PM   #4
Established Member

Both sound like plenty of fun!

We've been on quite a few vacations together already, so I'm thinking of how we can make this one "different". We're splurging on a fancy hotel, which is unusual for us, but don't want to rely too much on stuff that costs money to make a difference, haha.
Elswyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2018, 1:28 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elswyth View Post
Both sound like plenty of fun!

We've been on quite a few vacations together already, so I'm thinking of how we can make this one "different". We're splurging on a fancy hotel, which is unusual for us, but don't want to rely too much on stuff that costs money to make a difference, haha.
We considered other options, such as European destinations because we had been to Maui together for hour 1year dating anniversary already , but we didnít go for that because we didnít want stress on the honeymoon. In Europe you could get more of that, less relaxing.

On the other ha d we didnít want just a beach vacation, so this was the option that had the most diversity, while not allowing for too much stress. Visit all the islands and Hawaii has a lot more than beaches. So it worked .

Now Iím thinking to go to Croatia some day, I heard itís beautiful, itís not as well known , you may consider a beautiful destination like that but off of the beaten path.
BluEyeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2018, 2:58 PM   #6
Established Member

We took two weeks and went to Cinque Terre, Florence, and Venice. It was one of my favorite vacations ever.
Veronica73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2018, 10:21 AM   #7
Established Member

We went to Jamaica (my first marriage). I'd never been on a plane!

We stayed home a week after the wedding to tie up details, rather than rushing off the next day.

All inclusive resort with a nude beach. It was great, but I'd chose something more adventurous next time. Current H and I haven't taken one yet, after 5+ years. We'll need to find something that caters to gimpy old folks.
Old 8th September 2018, 12:29 PM   #8
Established Member

We went to Ireland & Paris. We married in October so the Caribbean was out; didn't want to take a chance on hurricanes.

It was only our 2nd trip together so there wasn't much to differentiate. We probably squealed a few times "it's our HM."

When we travel now, we try to keep the romance alive so we make these trips more like that one, rather than different.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2018, 1:30 PM   #9
Established Member

Awesome places guys!!

We are actually doing our proper honeymoon at least a few months after our wedding due to issues with work. But we have a few days after the wedding itself to chill out by ourselves before going back to work, so I'm hoping to make the most of that!
Old 8th September 2018, 7:53 PM   #10
Established Member

We took our motorhome on a two week trip around the country and stayed at different nudist camps. It was great.
mrs rubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2018, 6:44 AM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs rubble View Post
We took our motorhome on a two week trip around the country and stayed at different nudist camps. It was great.
I had no idea there were nudist camps in your country! We learn new things every day...
Old 9th September 2018, 9:03 AM   #12
Established Member

Whatever you decide to do, build in some down time. You will need it after the last minute push to the wedding. With all the excitement, you will both need to crash. I think we slept the first full day in Ireland -- landed 6 a.m. Got into our hotel around noon, thank heavens for early check in. Napped until about 6, then went to the theater. We ate a light dinner but were back asleep before midnight local time. We were just sooooo tired after all the running around & international travel.
Old 9th September 2018, 9:37 AM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
Whatever you decide to do, build in some down time. You will need it after the last minute push to the wedding. With all the excitement, you will both need to crash. I think we slept the first full day in Ireland -- landed 6 a.m. Got into our hotel around noon, thank heavens for early check in. Napped until about 6, then went to the theater. We ate a light dinner but were back asleep before midnight local time. We were just sooooo tired after all the running around & international travel.
did you guys have sex?
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2018, 9:39 AM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
did you guys have sex?
It was our HM. You are not getting a play by play. My point stands, immediately post wedding, both people need some honest to goodness sleep.
Old 9th September 2018, 10:02 AM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post

Good advice!!

We'll definitely spend most of the day after relaxing - we have a place with a nice view booked, and I have my eyes set on a particularly luxurious hot tub package.