LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Getting Married

Sister just set her wedding date 3 months before mine.

Getting Married Cold feet to pre-marital stressors--the place to discuss all the issues that come with saying "I do."

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th August 2018, 10:47 AM   #16
Established Member

You seriously cannot expect that someone will wait 3 years after the proposal to get married just because you are.... If you want to wait til 2020, that's on you. You don't get to foist your timeline on anyone else. If your sister had picked the same weekend as you, obviously that would be cause for concern, but otherwise? Nope.

Are you sure you are mature enough to make such a big commitment in your life? Your entitlement astounds me.
Old 19th August 2018, 10:50 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preraph View Post
Brides have a tendency to start thinking that everyone is going to be paying attention to all their wedding details and paying special attention to them and, frankly, caring more than they actually will.

Errr... I think the OP is a man, lol. It would be very strange for the bride to ask someone to be "her best man".
Old 19th August 2018, 3:57 PM   #18
Established Member

Ewww...that somehow makes the situation even weirder.
Old 19th August 2018, 4:13 PM   #19
Established Member

The Op is a guy. I never would have guessed a guy would be so sensitive. It almost makes me wonder if he is..

Nevermind

But it would be somewhat ironic
Old 19th August 2018, 6:43 PM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elswyth View Post
You seriously cannot expect that someone will wait 3 years after the proposal to get married just because you are.... .
Nope. Which is why, if you don't like the date she chose, you need to change your date. There are approximately 730 other days from which you can choose...
Old 19th August 2018, 11:08 PM   #21
Established Member

They will probably all be broken up by the time 2020 rolls around anyway.
Old 20th August 2018, 11:33 AM   #22
Established Member

I don't see anything for you to be upset about.
Old 23rd August 2018, 11:48 AM   #23
Established Member

Congratulations on getting engaged! I wish you all the best.

It sounds like you are close to your sister, which is great

What about asking your fiancée, and if she likes it, you could then ask your sister to have a double wedding on one of the dates. How much fun would that be?

As it stands now, I also don't think 3 months prior to yours is anything notable. Plenty of time between those dates. And... why not change your date to October 31st 2019 if you prefer? Lots of options.
Old 24th August 2018, 7:08 AM   #24
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Since the OP hasn't been back for awhile we'll close this one and give them a chance to catch up.

If the OP would like to request this thread reopened please send us an alert on this post.