Getting married soon!!

Hi all,

I am 25 and I am getting married soon. I have a lot of concerns regarding my body and I am a little apprehensive about it. I don’t know if it's ok to share this here, but I really need advice.

I have huge breasts. In comparison to the rest of my body, it is big and it really makes me uncomfortable. I want to look good in my wedding dress and I am worried I might look funny with such huge breasts. I always find it difficult to wear good stylish clothes. I have had to say no to so many good dresses because of my heavy breasts. I want an end to this.

So I am thinking of undergoing a breast reduction surgery. I want to make them smaller and in proportion to my body.

But at the same time, I am concerned regarding its side effects. Are there any? Has anyone here undergone a breast reduction surgery?

I will be getting married within 6 months, so how soon should I get this done? I want to look the best for my wedding.

Waiting for your replies. Thanks.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Removed commercial URL

congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals. regarding your questions you probably need to consult a doctor who does these types of procedures.

• Like 2

Getting surgery for your wedding sounds like a pretty drastic measure....

Lots of bridal gowns have a lot of support in the boob area - personally I had a difficult time finding gowns that DIDN'T (I'm small breasted and don't need it, and hate the restrictive feeling). In fact, I ended up just getting one with slight boning and then having the alterationist remove the boning. If you choose a gown that isn't backless or strapless, you can even wear a heavy support bra with the dress.

• Like 1
Hi all,

I am 25 and I am getting married soon. I have a lot of concerns regarding my body and I am a little apprehensive about it. I don’t know if it's ok to share this here, but I really need advice.

I have huge breasts. In comparison to the rest of my body, it is big and it really makes me uncomfortable. I want to look good in my wedding dress and I am worried I might look funny with such huge breasts. I always find it difficult to wear good stylish clothes. I have had to say no to so many good dresses because of my heavy breasts. I want an end to this.

So I am thinking of undergoing a breast reduction surgery. I want to make them smaller and in proportion to my body.

But at the same time, I am concerned regarding its side effects. Are there any? Has anyone here undergone a breast reduction surgery?

I will be getting married within 6 months, so how soon should I get this done? I want to look the best for my wedding.

Waiting for your replies. Thanks.

Darling, a wedding is one day out of your life. I'm sure your breasts are one of the BIG reasons your fiance loves you. Don't mess up his dream for a stupid dress. Go to a really good wedding dress boutique and they will show you gowns that compliment and distract from your boobs. It would be worth it to pay more for a wedding gown than a breast reduction.

A properly fitted wedding dress can minimize anything you consider a figure flaw. Dresses take months to make & are custom made for you. Try some on & talk to the seamstresses before you have surgery.

Surgery is a radical option. If you are going that route, you have to do your research & wait until you have healed before shopping for a wedding dress. As I said above, your dress is custom fit to you so they can't guess at what size / shape you will be after your surgery. It will be best after your healing has concluded.

• Like 1

agree with the post about finding a good dress that flatters your figure, rather than finding one you have to "alter" your figure for. Between the right dress and the proper foundation garments, you should be good to go on your big day.

and congratulations to you kids <3

• Like 1
lana-banana

Talk to a good doctor about what type of results you should expect and what sort of recovery time you need. My friend had elective breast surgery and was fine within a few weeks, but all that varies by person and procedure.

I'm really dismayed by some of the responses here. If your body is giving you pain and frustration and you're unhappy with it, you have every right to do something about it, whether via surgery or other means. You do not need to struggle with your self-image and health because your fiance likes it (gross).