Proposal

I am planing on proposing to my girlfriend and would like some feedback and ideas.

Here is what I am thinking so far.

My girlfriend is very attatched to her dogs and has let it be known that her and her dogs are a package deal which is good because I am also a big dog person. Because of this I am going to get an engagement ring with a matching dog tag that says her dogs name on the front and will you marry me on the back.

I would then take both with me when we go kayaking with the dogs and her family. (Something we used to do a lot when we first started dating)

Some time when we are alone (me, her, and her dog) I would say that I had gotten something for her dog, call him over, and add the tag to his collar.

As my girlfriend is looking at the tag I will tell her to read the back and as she does get down on one knee and pull out the ring.

Thoughts?

• Like 4

I must say, that sounds like a wonderfully well thought out and awesome plan! If you keep treating that gal with that level of thoughtfulness and creativity you may be in for a wonderful marriage! Congratulations to you. Preemptively of course.

• Like 3
todreaminblue

what a truly imaginative,unique and thoughtful idea ...smilin...loved reading this....and i really hope for a yes from your intended for you....beautiful...deb

• Like 1

Sounds good! Let us know how it goes.

Just make sure you keep the ring safe in the kayak before you pop the question.

• Like 4

OP, best of luck!

Just make sure you keep the ring safe in the kayak before you pop the question.

Hope it's not like this:

Mr. Lucky

That is one of the cheesiest and best ideas that I have heard! Good luck and do not drop the ring in the river...

OP, best of luck!

Hope it's not like this:

Mr. Lucky

That is EXACTLY what's I'm afraid of.

Miss Peach

You know your GF better than any of us. I think it sounds like an original and thoughtful way to do it based on what you wrote here.

Like some of the other posters mentioned, the word kayak and engagement ring scare me.

Another thing to consider... is she the type who would like it more alone after something romantic? Or with the family attending? For me personally I would prefer it as a solo adventure with just us but I know others who would love the friends and family there. One guy I knew took the women out and had friends and family waiting back home for a little celebration.