Normal to have more conflicts right after moving in together?

My boyfriend of 1 1/2 years and I moved in together a couple of months ago, and I've found that we are having more disagreements than we used to. These arguments (actually more like sort of tense discussions) are usually about subtle aspects of large issues (sex, lifestyle choices, etc). We both remain very civil and respectful, and we always try hard to be empathetic and to make compromises, and always make up right afterwards. Still, the fact that these issues come up so often (this has been happening maybe once a week or every two weeks) worries me.

Is it normal to go through a transitional period like this? We are mostly very comfortable and happy...we go running together, cook dinner together, have a lot of sex, laugh together...but still it seems weird that we have so many little conflicts. Any thoughts?

It is perfectly normal to have disagreements. Since, the both of you are living together now things are at a different level as to before. You spend alot more time together now, you are in each others presence all the time. Thinga are bond to be just a little shaky when you first tavel the path to live together. It will get better. You have to give it time.

• 2 weeks later...

Well.. my thoughts will be different from everyone elses here because I live with my boyfriend of 2 years, we have NEVER disagreed what so ever from before I moved in until now - been living together for almost a year.

Are you tiffing over stupid stuff? Whats the reason for it?? There is none! You have your ways as he has his .. live with it or leave it.

Firesqueak

meagain- good for you to never have a fight with your boyfriend.

I've been living with my man for about a year now, and we tiff over silly stuff all the time. It doesn't mean that we don't love eachother, it doesn't mean we should break up, it just happens.

If I were you, Alice, I'd not sweat the small stuff. It's the big things that you have to agree upon, and who cleans out the litter box this time around really isn't that important. ;-)

Anyway, good luck. Yes, you're normal (at least from what I've seen). :-)