Who pays for the Step kids

For those of you living with kids that your partner has that are living with you. Be you married to them or not.

When it comes to events and things that come up in life. Do you put forth any of your finances towards the kids in anyway. Besides Mortgage/Rent/food where you live.

The Kids still have their other bio parent in the picture.

When I was married in a previous life I was a Step Dad to a wonderful Step Daughter.. I paid for everything except for her clothes be it food, shelter, toys, activities or health insurance..

Her Dad was active in her life and paid child support, her Mom also owned her own company but it was faltering

Step DAD... I took that part seriously

• Like 2

I am three years into a marriage with three step kids (two boys, one girl) who are all now teenagers.

I have developed as close of a bond as possible and - for my stepdaughter - I am closer to her than either of her parents.

Of course I help pay for whatever needs arise, be it clothes, after school events, food, etc.

We are all family and they don't see the difference in who pays for what, just that their needs are being met by those who care for them and love them.

• Like 5
For those of you living with kids that your partner has that are living with you. Be you married to them or not.

When it comes to events and things that come up in life. Do you put forth any of your finances towards the kids in anyway. Besides Mortgage/Rent/food where you live.

The Kids still have their other bio parent in the picture.

I had a son when my wife and and got married. Like most couples, we pooled our money and out of that provided for all our needs, my son included. There was no separate "hers", "mine" and "his"...

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1