Now I can relax!!!

Wedding was October 3rd. Everything went perfectly!! I had hired a hairdresser to come to my house to do the hair for me and my bridesmaids and sisters, but she didn't show up. Didn't even call. It worked out okay, though, since my mom's hairdresser had an opening and she did a fantastic job on my hair. I can't believe it's all over...all the work and planning. At least it was all worth it. I designed and made my wedding dress and it came out really nicely, if I do say so myself. I also made one of my reception dresses (the other reception dress is a traditional Chinese dress that I had made in Hong Kong). The reception dress took forever because I used a pattern with horrible instructions and it caused me a lot of frustration, but that was also worth it. We were putting together the dinner table cards the night before the wedding and I had to do some last minute fixes on one of the dresses that the dry cleaner messed up. Despite all that, it was a total dream come true. The wedding itself was beautiful and the reception went off without a hitch. The food was good, the music was good, the company was great. Everybody loved the wedding favors I had made and I got so many compliments from people who liked my invites too. :) Now I know why I went through all the hard work of making so much stuff...it does get noticed and appreciated.

We just got back from our 2 week honeymoon last night. We spent 1 week in Monterey, where we rented a Thunderbird convertible and cruised the coast, then we headed off to AZ/UT to do a small tour of the national parks. Everything was so perfect and I felt like I was living in a dream the entire time. I'll see about posting some pictures later on. Still too tired to try to sift through the 1500 pictures we had right now (and that's without the professional pictures!).

Congrats :) Sounds like everything went perfect. Planning a wedding is very stressful, but in the end SO well worth it.

I am so happy to hear your wedding went great.

I can't believe your hairdresser had the nerve not to show up or even call! Unless some emergency happened (I hope not), you should call her and yell at her! Make sure you get your money back if you paid her in advance! I would be so upset!

Other than that, congrats!

It all seems to go by so fast!

R U sad it's over now?

• 2 weeks later...

You look absolutely LOVELY!! And both you and your new husband look so happy together. :) Your dress is gorgeous. I wish I had that kind of skill.