Long Island Wedding Planning Help

Any Long Islanders/ New Yorkers here?

My fiance actually pulled the triggers on looking for a reception hall! He made a few appointments for us to look last weekend, and we might have actually found a place. Next, he is looking for a church.

After all this, what comes next for shopping and booking? I ask LI advice b/c we are setting the date for June 17th 2006. It sounds far away to some people, but in Long Island, it's different. When my fiance and I went to the halls, they were completly booked for 2005 already! Some places wouldn't bother even making an appt over the phone w/me because they were booked from March 2005-Nove 2005! Can you believe how fast things fill up? So what's next on our agenda?

UK bridal magazines include an editorial pull-out wedding organiser in every issue which has a checklist of timings and the order you need to book/organise everything in. I dreamt I was getting married last night but when I looked down I was wearing wellies instead of Emma Hope heels. Bah.

BB

• Author

Thanks blem!

Here in LI, weddings are very different in comparison to other countries, or other states. They are very big. Planning starts a year to a year-in-a-half early. But it all goes by fast.

Thanks for the advice!

lexnmike4enomore

My Mother lives in the Hamptons. I'm sure you already have a church but.....there's a cute little chapel called Wainscot Chapel. Its across the street from the bay OMG its Picture perfect. If i knew you better i would say have it at my moms estate. Thats where I'm having mine. But there's a place called Kiplings in Bridge Hampton. I'm not sure if you are willing to travel that far into LI. But need anything else PM me and well talk I know LI like the back of my hand! :p

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on Long Island and was married here on Long Island as did all of my family and friends. If you need any assistance, please let me know.