Wedding planning stress

The day is almost here! My fiance and I are getting married this weekend and this past week has been so stressful, pulling everything together. Have any of you had holiday weekend weddings? Since most of our guests were local, I only booked a block at one hotel. However, that hotel quickly sold out and now some guests have been complaining about having nowhere to stay. I guess I should've planned for this better but it's not helping my stress levels!

• Like 1
pink_sugar

We got married the day before Mother's day, so a lot of people had left our wedding early to plan for the next day's festivities since we had a destination wedding. I am assuming the complaining guests are from out of town? How far away do they live? A lot of people drove up 4 hours to and from our wedding, hence why they had to leave early. The other people didn't have an issue with reservations. For me, the solution would be just to book a hotel a little further away or just drive to and from the wedding if it's only an hour or two from where I live. We did that once before when we attended a wedding since we were on a tight budget and couldn't afford a $200-$300 a night hotel. It's not your fault some of your guests waited until the last minute to book their reservation on a big holiday weekend. Some people are never satisfied...don't let yourself stress over it too much. It's their issue they waited until the last second.

Edited by pink_sugar

I got married on Thanksgiving weekend on the other side of the country.

Same as you; some guests didn't book their hotel room early enough - it is THEIR problem, not yours.

Years from now, you won't remember these details.

• Like 3

This isn't your problem really.

When I get married I'll probably suggest some hotels for guests and put that along with the invitations and it is up to them to book their hotel or other accommodation early...not me.

I'm giving you free food and drinks...I'm not also your concierge who should find you a place to stay. Nope.

As long as my parents, sister, bestfriends and future husband and the officiating person show up, that's all that matters to me. If Cousin Sue didn't book her hotel 3 months ago, esp if she knew the wedding was on a holiday weekend (although I'd probably not have my wedding overlap with a holiday personally) then too bad.

• Like 1
stillafool

I can't believe you have time to post on LS. Good luck with your upcoming wedding and all the best.