LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Getting Married

Just some random wedding questions...

Getting Married Cold feet to pre-marital stressors--the place to discuss all the issues that come with saying "I do."

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2004, 10:55 PM   #1
Established Member

Just some random wedding questions...

When in the ceremony do readings happen? After or before the vows are said?

Do you think foil wrapped chocolate shells will travel OK to Fiji, as gifts for the guests? If not, any other ideas, for lightweight, sea-theme giveaways?

Do most people have a guestbook for guest's to sign?

Thanks.

We're preparing to send out our 'message in a bottle' invitations soon! We've created them ourselves and our pleased with the results!
Thinkalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2004, 11:08 PM   #2
Established Member

When in the ceremony do readings happen? After or before the vows are said?

Depends which brand of ceremony you're having. Is it going to be religious? If so, each denomination has its own ceremony. If it's not religious, you can, I imagine, write it however you want it to be.

Do you think foil wrapped chocolate shells will travel OK to Fiji, as gifts for the guests? I

Hm. Chocolate. Heat. Not a good combination Can you check via websites to see if you can buy them there?

f not, any other ideas, for lightweight, sea-theme giveaways?

I'm useless to you here. I haven't shopped in such a long time! LOL You might want to whiffle through some Bride magazines or specialty gift shops to see what catches your fancy.

Do most people have a guestbook for guest's to sign?

I don't recall a wedding where there wasn't one. Pretty standard, I think.
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness that I can show to my fellow creatures, let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.
moimeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2004, 11:13 PM   #3
Established Member

Thanks Merry. I too am concerned about chocolate and heat. We also have to think about weight restrictions with luggage, with limits what we can take.

I've seen stacks of good stuff on wedding websites for sea themes...but many of them are bulky.

Meanwhile, I've turned into a bride-to-be princess. I love it! I used to laugh at women for getting so excited about weddings, thinking it was ridiculous! Now I'm one of them!
Thinkalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2004, 7:27 AM   #4
Established Member

We are having a non-religious ceremony and the readings are poems and blessings that we like. They are interspersed throughout the ceremony.

I don't think the chocolate will keep very well, sorry.

You could get seashells and paint the date or a picture on them. You could fill votive glasses with coloured sand and put a votive on top.

Good luck.
Old 29th June 2004, 6:17 PM   #5
Established Member

I think a guest book is very important!!! It's a keepsake memory. You can look back and see evryone that was with you on one of the most important events of your life. It's a definate!!!!