This is how I am going to propose..

Tell me what you think..

There is a place where we walk called the 'city of lights'. Its like a park that is all lit up. Well, there is this bridge we've walked across a few times that has lights and cars can't drive on. So on v-tines day I was going to ask her to take a walk with me, and half way across the bridge I'll tell her how much she means to me, how much I love her & how I dream of the day that we are both grey haired and sitting on our porch reminising about all the great times we had together. Then after telling her this, I'll say 'I have something for you.. A poem I made' and then read it.. Here is what it says:

You are my heartbeat and my strength.

You are an angel sent from above

You are the only true love I know.

And you will always be my love

You saved me from all my heartache,

You wiped away my tears.

You kissed away the bad dreams

And blew away my fears.

Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve you.

To know you is to know a mystery.

To hold you, my one true wish.

And to kiss your lips so softly

Others can't understand it,

How we fell so fast.

Showing all the people,

That our love overcomes our past.

So now it comes time,

To prove this love so true.

Test after test, we show others

That we're stronger together,

Stronger than we ever knew.

You are my other half,

The missing link of me.

You complete my soul,

Like no other can ever be.

YOU are what true love is

And I know this is meant to be

So I take your hand and bow on knee

Will you marry me?

During the last part i'll get on my knee & show her the ring. What do you all think? I already got her dad's blessing, and welcomed me to the family last night :) That meant alot to me.

Aw, that is so sweet! That's a great plan! I am sure she will be swept away. Post back and let us know how it all went. Congrats to you!

• Author

lol.. thanks.. We are actually from Central PA, so there's not too much around here.

I know the next two weeks im gonna be anxious. I can honestly say I have no doubts about her. She is my soulmate.

The D/S thing is not for everyone, but there are some really good sites out there. The first time I got into it, I mean the really rough sex it was kinda a shock. I had to kinda force myself to inflict pain. Its like when I get into that 'role' im a different person. Not mean or violent, but very domineering. But it also has alot to do with respecting each other & devotion.

Originally posted by jmargel

lol.. thanks.. We are actually from Central PA, so there's not too much around here.

I love Central PA, fish Penn's Creek and Big Fishing Creek all the time in the spring.

By far and away one the best spots in America.

• Author

Yep, great place for nature lovers (which I am). Just not too much of a night-life around here. I live really close to Penn's Creek.

Well....now that we've almost pinpointed where you live.....can we all come watch the proposal? HAHA!

It sounds wonderful Jmargel. I'm very happy for both of you!!!

lol, Arabess....if I didn't have to work that day it does sound close enough for me to actually make that trip!

Sounds beautiful, jmargel.....she is a very lucky woman!

• Author

Thank you all :)

My birthday is on the 6th (next friday) so I was thinking about doing it then. Kinda to totally surprise her. It would be the best birthday present ever :)

But the weather is showing it as pretty bad (rain, sleet, etc..) And I have no clue where else I could propose to her. We usually go out to some restuarants & clubs, but I dont think it would be appropirate to do it there. Anyone have any suggestions?

• Author

lol I am getting impatient. When we talked about getting married, she's like when are you going to ask me? And I told her I wasn't going to give her an exact date, didn't want to ruin any surprises. She was naming off some days, and she's like 'Oh I know its going to be valentine's day, because I like that day so much'. So then I thought my b-day.

She's sooo sweet, she called earlier & bought me lunch. I'm the luckiest guy in the world to have her in my life. :love:

You could just show up at her door this week, dressed to the nines, with flowers and candy and when she lets you in you can get on one knee and propose! :)

Congrats on your girl and happy birthday! :bunny:

Does your town have one of those restaurant dinner delivery services? You could then order in something really nice and not have to worry about braving the elements.

• Author

Ugh.. She called me today to tell me that her scheduled changed for Saturday, and that she's coming up on friday (my b-day) to spend it with me, instead of me having to go down there. So its either I find a spot up here to ask her, which there isn't any, or have to wait til Valentine's Day.

I wanted to add that I read your poem to her, here I am now sitting at my work desk all teary-eyed, I hope no customers walk in now! LOL You both sound to be wonderful people and are lucky to have each other, good luck to you and her. :love:

Originally posted by jmargel

Thank you all :)

My birthday is on the 6th (next friday)

Hey so is mine, though u are a few years older then me.

oh and good luck

• Author

Thank you silver :)

I'm gonna ask her tomorrow, but plans have changed again.. ugh.. I'm going down there, so I was going to ask her on the bridge like I planned, but its calling for rain the whole night! She made reservations for dinner at this nice place for 7:30, so I thought I was going to ask her before. Now i'm stuck on where to do it. I didn't want to do it in a restuarant in front of everyone (I'll be nervous as it is) lol.. But since it's raining I don't have many options. I really don't want to do it in her apartment, but I know there we would have privacy. What do you all think?

Tomorrow night is going to be like in the low 30s with rain, so the weather is going to be crappy all day.

Well, I know you want the proposal to me memorable but don't lose sight of the big picture. What would appeal to your gf? Is she the type who would rather keep this as a private moment or would she enjoy being proposed to in a public place? Is there an intimate bar or coffee/dessert place you could go to after dinner? Or maybe even Saturday morning over breakfast in bed (that you make, of course).

Good luck and have fun. And let us know how it goes! ;)