Is he considering about popping the question

kalena9488

Yesterday my boyfriend of a year and I went to the Travel Agent to check on some vacation packages for this summer. While we are sitting at the desk with the agent he is looking at the travel book and reading. He says so she and I can hear "we can get married". I laugh, he laughs and the woman laughs. I felt really uncomfortable so I say to the lady that he's just joking. And he replies to her "so how about that one, what's the cost etc" I just drop it and don't say anything else. Then we get home and were talking to his son about the possible vacation. And he tells his son "yeah were going to get married". Now his son is pretty excited and says "really" I say no and he chimes in with no as well. So I decide to say "You know that really isn't something to joke about" And his son says "Yeah dad you shouldn't joke about something like that". Well, he chose not to say anything and just came around behind me and started massaging my shoulders and back. I don't know. This saturday we'll be together 1 year. However, we've known each other for over 20. Do any of you have a clue as to what he may be thinking or am I just wishful thinking?

it sounds like he may be planning it...but i am also a wishful thinker....but i REALLY DOES sound good-like he is trying tp prep you or something! do let us know, it may be asked on sat.! And this sat is my 1 yr ann. with my bf too!

• Author

What I want to tell him is "If and when he does ask me to marry him that I don't want the marriage to take place anywhere but home. I was married once in Reno he's been married twice once in Las Vegas and once in the Bahamas. I've known his whole family since I was in high school and our families get along well. So if we ever get married I want a small wedding with family and friends right here at home. Nothing fancy and nothing expensive.

unless he's got a really sadistic streak in him, it sounds very likely that he will ask you to marry him. I would never talk so casually about getting/being married to someone who I had no intention of marrying very soon--that would be cruel. I would also be hurt if I discussed it and the person I wanted to marry kept saying "no" in the conversation. Next time say "yes" and see what happens.

Better yet - why not sit down with him and discuss marriage.