Wedding organisation disinterest

ImageofLove

Hi all,

My partner proposed about 6wks ago after nearly 5yrs together. I am 32 and he is 38. I know that some girls like to take charge and organise the entire wedding but I would like my partner to help me and I told him before we got engaged that I am not doing this by myself and I expect him to help me. I'm wondering how involved your partners were in the organisation of your wedding? He doesn't seem overly interested and just throws vague comments out about what we should do for the wedding. I asked him if he was alright with getting married in 1 1/2 - 2yrs so we didn't have to rush the organising and he was alright with this. Although we agreed on this we also decided to work out costs involved and whether we will get married in Australia or overseas. He told me the other day that "it's not a race" and it's just a lot of organising, trying to keep everyone else happy and money. I really wish he could show me initiative and be actively involved, as he always says he wants this! What is the norm or what was/is your experience?

Thanks.

Most men don't give a crap about wedding details. Honestly, your guests don't either. No one cares if your colors are pink or yellow. No one cares if you have lilies or daisies. No one is going to care if your invitations are on heavy cardboard stock with scrolled writing, or hot off the printer at home. They get tossed, right after the groans about having to go to another wedding. Really.

Your best bet is to pick the things you like, and ask him if he objects. You might give him a couple of options to choose from. The rest is on you since you're the only one who truly cares about the details.

1.5 to 2 years is FAR TOO LONG for any man, or anyone, to talk about wedding details.

• Author

Thanks Kudoscars. I would rather organise it together with my partner than with a wedding planner.

Good advice norajane, thanks. I agree with you saying that noone really cares about the details. They just pick at everything! I have been to lots of weddings where people pick at everything about the person's wedding! I don't like this catty behaviour! I really feel that it's a lot of wasted money for one day but I guess we will have some nice memories of the day.

Thanks again :)