Right time to propose or too soon?

I have been dating my girlfriend now for 5 months and love her dearly and know that she is the one for me. I also know she feels the same and we have said that we will be together for ever and have even discussed how many kids we will have and there names etc.. She really is my soulmate!!

She lives about 3 hours away from me at the moment and I already knew her through E-Mail (chatting everyday) for 3 months before we first started going out. She was already engaged to another guy for the last 3 years at this time but was unhappy and ended it because of this..

We are going away on holiday next month to Paris and I am thinking it will be the right time to pop the magic question and ask her to marry me! Do you think it is too soon to propose or should I just go with what feels right?

A sane person doesn't stay engaged to marry the wrong person for three years. That's a major red flag and you have to pay a lot of attention to that. You need to delve into that matter in extreme depth.

She started a fling with you online while she was engaged. That's not good. She was cheating and she was vulnerable and on the rebound if she was unhappy with her fiance.

Because she med you at such a vulnerable time, and if she was so unhappy, she might get along with almost anybody for a time after that. This is not good.

She may very well be the love of your life but you are blinded by the hard, cold facts right now. You need to be dating a lot more before you start talking marriage. I'm sure that she went through the same lovey dovey stuff with the guy she was engaged to for the first six months or year.

It's far better that you hold off than to end up in heartbreaking divorce, particularly if some of those children you've already named have been born at the time.

If she had been alone and totally available at the time, I would say go for it. But given her circumstances at the time you met, you could be sitting on a time bomb. Hold off and enjoy the ride for now.