will he propose?

disapointment2003

disapointment2003

i have been living with my boyfreind for 2 1/2 years now he has been married before and wanted to marry another girl 3 years ago never happened. ok i love him very much and he loves me someone asked him if we were getting married and he told them maybe next year he has brought it up several times and i wasnt sure what to say now i have said something to his friend and they asked him when we were getting married and his reply he will know when the time is right. its going on 3 years i know he is afraid of getting hurt i am not like them. I want to get married now this is not my first but is the first time i feel it is right. I am like a wife to him in every since except legally. I want it official and not sure if i should push the issue i dont want to scare him off. He provides for us i have 3 kids that he loves as if they were his own they love him which is a first they like anyone. I trust him, love him, hurt when he is away, he works away during the week but calls 5 to 6 times a day. I wait for him to call while doing the housewife stuff so to speak. I have always rushed into things and regreated it later but this time i waited and i feel the time is right how can i convince him of this or will he keep going on like this knowing i will be there I dont want to feel as if i am just there i want more. we dated for 2 months before moving in together. things have been great there have been minor disagreements that are usually a misunderstanding we have bought a house together, live together as if we were married our bank accounts are together i never did this before, i have even made sure if anything was to happen to me my children are to stay living with him if i was not around god for bid. I would never have done this before why is he waiting? i want to get married not sure he does he said he does and has hinted on different ocassions but does he? help

You certainly haven't provided any motivation for him to marry you. The two of you live exactly as you would as man and wife. Why should he be in a hurry???

Laws regarding common law marriages provide that two people are legally married if they live together for seven years...so you have that to look forward to. Meanwhile, I suggest you forget him proposing....just tell him you are going to schedule a marriage ceremony (hire a minister or notary public) and a reception for your friends. Give him the date and tell him he has to be there. Also let him know you need some money to execute your plans.

Have a great time and congratulations!!!

disapointment

thank you it worked he proposed a little strange though. I sent a message on his cell phone that said " I love you we could make this official?" he wrote back "I love you Marry me! thank you it worked