Wedding night!

jessicakicksbut

jessicakicksbut

This October, my boyfriend and I are getting married. We are in the process of planning a VERY small church wedding (30 guests, if that), with a small a la carte lunch at the church afterwards, then going on our honeymoon a few days later during the week. As you can tell, we are aiming to have the most reasonable wedding economically, and with as little stress as possible. Since we are not going on our honeymoon right away, I am wondering how to approach our wedding night (besides doing the obvious). What do most people do...do they stay somewhere romantic overnight even if they are not on their honeymoon yet, or do they stay at there respective homes and have a nice, romantic evening in? Does anyone on this board have any opinions, ideas, or things they wish they did differently for their wedding night???

Suggest away, and thank you in advance.

Hi...

Maybe a quiet night at a local bed and breakfast, or a hotel. Nothing ellaborate, just simple and sweet! Do you have a home picked out together? Since it is your wedding night spend it together!!!!!...do not stay at your respective homes! I say spend every minute between the wedding reception and your honeymoon in bed!!!! Do the John and Yoko thing!!!! hehehehe! Good luck!

I agree, stay at a hotel; motel; bed & breakfast, for your wedding night. It needn't be elaborate, just something that you will remember.

Like you, I had a very small wedding and we just stayed in the apartment my husband had...just never even thought about going to a hotel to have the traditional wedding night! :rolleyes: We were both so tired anyway so as long as I had somewhere to sleep is all that mattered to me. Never had a honeymoon either as I had to be back to work three days later. :(

But, I can say this, my husband and I did without the big costly engagement ring; wedding; honeymoon; etc. and we are still married after 21+ years and two boys later. So many get married with the thought of having to put on "the big show" and once that show is over, sometimes so is the marriage within a few years!

Best wishes to you! :)

go to where you will feel most comfortable, especially after being involved in such an emotion-packed day.

when my oldest nephew got married 18 months ago, he and his bride couldn't afford an immediate honeymoon trip, but because they held their reception at a local hotel AND arranged for out-of-town guests to stay there, the hotel management gave them a complimentary room for the night. He said that after the reception, they went up to their room for a couple of hours, but ended up going home to be with the family members who were staying there and let his dad and stepmom take the room. Apparently, the newlyweds were exhausted from everything that had gone on that day and just wanted relax in their own home ...

• Author
jessicakicksbut

Thank you all for posting, my boyfriend and I were just wondering what other couples did. I'm going to tell him what you guys suggested to help us out on this matter. Thank you again!

• 4 weeks later...

I suggest staying at least at a hotel in town on your wedding night...I mean what is the fun of going home after your wedding? It's up to you, but that's what I suggest, or maybe just go to a nearby city or something and stay the night....get a bottle of wine and make it romantic...it's your wedding night, it's supposed to be special..you will spend every other night of your life at home! YOu want to make this night special.

My husband and I went on our honeymoon immediately after our wedding, but we had a evening wedding and our honeymoon destination was an 8 hour drive, so we got a hotel about an hour away from where we live on the way to our honeymoon on the wedding night.....even though we weren't at our honeymoon destination yet, we still made it special...we got a bottle of champagne and sat out on the balcony of our hotel and talked about the wedding and how perfect it was and then went back in........and well you know the rest....it was really romantic. I suggest doing something like that.