Battle of the Ex's

I am engaged and my fiancee has had some run in where is ex of five years calls his cell phone. We had previously got into it about this and he called her to tell her that maybe they shouldn't talk, however it has been that she called him to leave him a message and on his way home to the house from him being out, he called her back at 2:30 in the morning, Beyond a little friendly. Huh? All I am asking for is respect that is due to me. We have a child and our happiness is important and I don't have him as a whole if he is making himself available to him even if it is not often. he says that she hardly calls anymorem but I don't know that so I would have to trust again that this is the truth. He agreed to not talk to her but I feel like if I would have not seen the number in his cell phone this would still being going on. Am I being irrational? What happens when we get married, is she still gonna call. The boundaries need to be set and kept set. I have had other running with his cell phone, however it has improved dramatically... What is a woman to do? and will this stop unless he wants it to stop. i think he is in denial.

First, if you don't trust him don't marry him.

Second, if he's sincere, he can easily change his cell number and give it out only to those people who need it...and NOT his ex. That should take care of that problem. You can always see if he calls her by looking at his cell bill...but, I suppose, that would indicate your lack of trust.

You are right that he needs to cease all contact with this ex if that is your wish and the two of you are going to be married. You'll have to work all of it out with him and hope he complies.