wedding dress poll

Lauriebell82

Okay, I need some opinions. I think I am now changing bridal stores (again). I lost more weight and the dresses now look much different then they did before. So please give me your opinion on which ones you like/dislike. I know some of these dresses may not be your cup of tea, but just an objective opinion would be helpful. My family and friends are driving me a little nutso. Thanks!

Dress A:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49978998&currentIdx=12&subCategory=-49999486%7c-49998984%7c-49978998&catentryId=6097451&sort=

Dress B:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49978998&currentIdx=10&subCategory=-49999486%7c-49998984%7c-49978998&catentryId=6097096&sort=

Dress C:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49978998&currentIdx=1&subCategory=-49999486%7c-49998984%7c-49978998&catentryId=6110599&sort=

LB

My favourite is number two but this is such a personal choice - only you will know which is the right dress for you.

I think at first all you can do is maybe eliminate styles that will not suit you - for example, if you are short, dress number one is probably not going to do you any favours with the layering of the skirt

MindoverMatter

Dress B.

Dress A...would not look good on anybody, plus you'd have to be reeeeeeeeally tall to not look stubbly.

Dress C doesn't offer a view on the bodice, so no comment there.

How are you going to wear your hair and what type of veil will you have?

• Author
LB

My favourite is number two but this is such a personal choice - only you will know which is the right dress for you.

I think at first all you can do is maybe eliminate styles that will not suit you - for example, if you are short, dress number one is probably not going to do you any favours with the layering of the skirt

I am only 5'2, but I can get it in a petite size so the skirt will be made shorter.

I def. know this is a personal choice: it's interesting to here what other's think though.

Thanks for your opinion! I like #2 as well.

• Author
Dress B.

Dress A...would not look good on anybody, plus you'd have to be reeeeeeeeally tall to not look stubbly.

Dress C doesn't offer a view on the bodice, so no comment there.

How are you going to wear your hair and what type of veil will you have?

I'm going to wear it half up, curly, with an elbow length veil and tiara.

For dress C if you scroll down the past and read the reviews, some of the girls posted pics of themself in the dress so that you can see the front.

melodymatters

My vote is #2 as well. I know you are only 5'2 ( as am I) and I have the same feeling that #1 is too much, and #3 has a dropped waist which isn't usually that flattering on petites either.

Good luck and thanks for sharing, this was fun !

• Author

Thanks guys!!!

All three look great on me, #1 like everyone said, does look a little odd because of my shortness.

I lost a lot of weight in my stomach and waist (I am a size 4 now!:eek:) so the top of the dress on #2 is extremely slimming.

I’d have to go with “C”. It’s classy without being overdone. I think you’re plenty slender enough that you could pull off a mermaid or trumpet design beautifully. I like the sweetheart necklines too, just not all the “poofy” crap. It reminds me of those horrible wedding dresses from the 80’s. You want to make sure you wear the dress and the dress doesn’t wear you.

By the way, my daughter has already tried on about thirty of them... and still hasn’t made up her mind! And I haven’t been much help picking my favorite on her, either. I like them all!! :o

If you can, take a camera with you when you try them on, and let us see what they look like "on" you.

melodymatters

Hahahaha, I clicked on all the links and now they want me to register !

That one is pretty too, I would make that my second choice, still preferring #2

MindoverMatter

It's okay, but if you're going to sport a tiara, then under no circumstances do gloves. It would be costumey.

Still prefer number 2.

What's your figure like? Hourglass or more straight?

• Author
It's okay, but if you're going to sport a tiara, then under no circumstances do gloves. It would be costumey.

Still prefer number 2.

What's your figure like? Hourglass or more straight?

Oh yeah, def. no gloves. They are ugly.

I am an hourglass figure.

• Author
I can't see any of them- have we crashed the site?

Hmm, that's weird. I just clicked on all the links and they worked.

Here's another link, try this:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49978998&currentIdx=12&subCategory=-49999486%7c-49998984%7c-49978998&catentryId=6097451&sort=

Maybe it's your web browser?

• Author
i would go with dress B....the other two are just over the top

Thanks for the opinion!

The only reason why I am leaning towards a dress like A or C is because it is a VERY fancy, formal wedding.

The only reason why I am leaning towards a dress like A or C is because it is a VERY fancy, formal wedding.

well if i had to choose between those two i'd go with C. dress A is just way too busy and i don't like those layers on the bottom

• Author
B yeah

A is no way...

C would be my second choice

What do you think is wrong with dress A?

I'm just curious, as it seems nobody likes that one...(I'm not offended though or upset)

• Author
Nothing with a sleeve or anything over your shoulders? Will your church let you get married in strapless?

I think so? I don't remember there being any specifications so I'm guessing it would be okay...

Dress A? There is shirring between the breasts, which is typically a time/money saver in sewing, where someone isn't taking the time to make sure that a seam fits smoothly for the individual wearer - so, it's sort of a mark of 'cheating', if you will. Also that peek-a-boo hemline is sort of cheesy, with all that poufing.

A is no way...

indeed my friend, indeed

What do you think is wrong with dress A?

its just too pretentious....only a queen or something could get away with wearing that. it smacks of "oh my look at me i'm gettin' married, ha ha ho ho"

I think so? I don't remember there being any specifications so I'm guessing it would be okay...

Ok. My church and minister doesn't like it. He says you are there to be married, not there to be sexy.

melodymatters

I think for most of us, dress A is just TOO much, too over the top. Then add your height.....

My first marriage to my D's father, I wore a wedding dress that used to belong to Vivian Leigh ( the actress from Gone with the Wind) His family was 3rd generation Hollywood and one of his sisers bought it at an auction.

I was WAY skinny then, so I looked even tinier, but it resembled dress #2 quite a bit.

The broader the skirt and the more poofs and frills, the more you will look like a little wedding cake yourself !