Going to Jewlery stores?

4givrnt4gtr

My bf and I have been dating for not too long, just over 7 months. We met 5 years ago but it was just wrong timing.

I guess right now is not perfect timing either, he is about to move away but we really love each other and have lightly mentioned honeymoons, where we would live and even a trip we should take in a couple of years. I plan to move to where he is at in 10 months and continue from there.

In any case I know he isnt going to propose or anything of the sort, as I know he wants to wait until he is financially estable and stuff, plus the whole moving thing but lately he has been doing something that is quite interesting.

A few times when we go out to dinner we decide to take a walk afterwards. It somehow ends up in him directing me to a jewlery store. We browse everything but inevitably we end at the engagement/wedding bands section.

These has happened about 3 or 4 times already. the last time we even discussed how he wants to buy a big stone when he decided to get married so that his wife would be proud. I said that I didnt care for how big the diamond was, and preferred a small one. I also mentioned how I thought that girls who cared were not exactly the type he needs anyway. He said he knew but still. We then went to the wedding band section and I asked him which one he would like to wear, we examined some and he chose one. It felt SO very strange....i mean it totally felt like we were shopping for a ring!

So my question is....what do you guys make of it? As i said i know he isnt about to proposed or anything but...could it be that marriage is on his mind???

He probably just wants to get an idea in his head of what he knows you'd like. Maybe he's one for being very well prepared & organized. I wouldn't say he was ready to propose but obviously it's on his mind if he's expressing these feelings! Even though it's on his mind, if he's not ready to propose, then he won't. But it's nice security for you that you both can speak about this without him feeling pressured into anything.

So my question is....what do you guys make of it? As i said i know he isnt about to proposed or anything but...could it be that marriage is on his mind???
Why don't you just ask him instead of trying to guess?

Do you wear a lot of jewelry?

If you don't, he may be testing the waters to see what you like and don't like.

I think you might be a little off-base assuming he's not going to propose. Hopefully that's a good thing!

Maybe he wants to commit to you before the move happens.

I think 7 months of dating, especially when you are soon to be in an LDR, is far, FAR too soon to consider marriage.

Are you really thinking you're ready to commit to a LIFETIME with him?