Keeping Secrets from Fiance

A few weeks ago my boyfriend of one month proposed to me, i know that seems like a very short time, but we were friends before we ever went out. anyways, we went to visit his family for the weekend, and I accidently found out that his younger brother is gay. his brother begged me to keep it a secret and i have, but i feel weird keeping secrets from my soon-to-be husband. what do you guys think, should i tell him or not?

Proposed to you after dating for only 1 month? That's kind of insane, don't you think? Regardless of the fact that you've been friend prior this short period of dating, being 'friends' and being in a relationship are fundamentally very different. What's the rush? What are your ages, if you don't mind me asking? So how soon are you planning on getting married? I just don't think that one month is anywhere near long enough to know whether someone is going to be a suitable/compatible spouse.......hell, I don't even think it's long enough in many cases to have fallen in love.

But anyway, onto your question.

No, you should most definitely NOT tell your fiance the info that his brother confided in you. Any idea WHY he told you? Are you two close friends?

It's just not your place to divulge something so potentially controversial. Considering the brother "begged you not to tell", it shouldn't even be a question as to what you should do or not do. If you feel so uncomfortable keeping this secret from your guy, the only thing I'd suggest is to tell the brother that you feel a little dishonest, keeping it a secret........and ask him if HE plans to confess this to his brother any time soon, or does anyone else in the family know...but that's the extent of it........Don't push the poor guy, he's likely stressed out enough, and maybe he's been dying to tell someone and he felt he could trust you.

Does he know you're engaged to his brother after only 1 month of dating?

Again, do NOT tell this to your fiance. It's simply not your place whatsoever, and it ever comes out that you knew but didn't tell, simply say you were put into an awkward situation and you're a person of your word and you did agree not to tell anyone. You should be respected for being true to your word.

Your parents should have already taught you to never, ever reveal information told to you in confidence unless a person's life or personal safety is in immediate danger.

You don't have to tell you fiance everything you know and learn the virtues of a tight mouth and when it's called for.