Prenups : good idea or future doom ?

Do you think a prenup is a good idea ? Or does it spell doom for a relationship/marriage later on ?

Does it make you feel that person does not love you/ trust you fully if they want you to sign a piece of paper ?

I think it's similar to getting auto insurance. It doesn't doom you to getting in an accident, but it can protect you from getting financially screwed if it does happen.

No problem signing one; no problem getting over a lady who gives me the finger and leaves over one. The older one gets, the more such realities obtain, IME. Our MC agrees :)

awesomeness43

I would NEVER get married without a prenup. If i sense that a relationship is getting serious i will let her know that i need a prenup. If she disagrees with me i will feel NO regret on her or i walking out of the relationship as that just means that it is not for love but for money or the lifestyle.

A man getting married without one is like flying a fighter jet without an ejector seat.

AHEM, Im not a guy, and im the one who is worried about this issue!

My X had an issue with a prenup, and said, he wouldnt sign because it was like predicting that we would part...

(once when we fought, he spat the words.."i will take 1/2 of your investment")

I will INSIST on a prenup. Even a defacto relationship is a worry here in Australia, after 6 months, OR just residing under the same roof, the government seems to deem your defacto as owning half your stuff.

Its a freak out when your (x) partner was twice bankrupt, and a cold hearted freak who had convinced his father to mortgage his house... and lost it for him.... its okay, I escaped with everything that was mine.

Id never risk it again though. The minute I begin a live in relationship and become defacto, id like a prenup.