How do i propose to her?

I really need some help. i would like to propose to my girlfriend and am unsure on how to do it. we've had some problems over the past few years, because early in our relationship i cheated on her. although we kind of sorted it out, it hasn't really been the same. but i love her and want to marry her. how can i ask her without having to drag up te past? i want to spend the rest of my life with her and nothing else matters. how can i do this? please help.

Take her out to dinner, then afterwards go for a nice walk and during such tell her you love her, how much she means to you, that you want to spend the rest of your life with her, and then ask if she will marry you.

If she dredges up the past at that time, dump her right then and there. The past is the past and, take my word for it, you don't need someone in your life who is going to bring up stuff like this during wonderful moments...and during arguments as well...for the rest of your life. You will be miserable.

You don't need a wife who is unforgiving and you don't need a wife who keeps this past indiscretion at the tip of her mind and tongue always.

If you do have to find another lady, I strongly urge that you be faithful to her throughout your courtship if you want to avoid this sort of thing again. It's very rare that a woman can just let a cheating episode go into distant memory...and men rarely do either.

Have you two talked about marriage? Are you pretty sure you're going to get a YES? LOL. You say you had problems "early on", and then you imply you've been together for a few years. Has she not let your cheating go yet? (Disclaimer: I'm not saying your cheating was okay, but if she chose to live with it, then she chose to live with it.)

But your question is how to propose. Do something really cool if you can afford it. Take her to the top of the Empire State Building. Take her to Fisherman's Wharf. Do something memorable, if at all possible. Girls are really touched (and impressed) by gestures that show planning and thought. Of course, if you can't afford it, you can show planning and thought in other ways as well. Where did you go on your first date? Could you propose there? Does she have a place that she really likes (i.e. a museum, a park, a beach, etc.)? It would probably mean a lot to her if you took her there. What about a carriage ride? The key is to do it in a way that SHE would like and be touched by, and in a way that shows that you listen to her and know what she likes.

I really need some help. i would like to propose to my girlfriend and am unsure on how to do it. we've had some problems over the past few years, because early in our relationship i cheated on her. although we kind of sorted it out, it hasn't really been the same. but i love her and want to marry her. how can i ask her without having to drag up te past? i want to spend the rest of my life with her and nothing else matters. how can i do this? please help.