Man of Honor AKA: Male Maid of Honor

rod_in_gtown

rod_in_gtown

So, my sister is getting married next year. I love her very much and we're very close. She just asked me to be her "Made of Honor" as she put it (because of the movie, which I can't say that I've seen). I accepted. I would be honored to be at her side on her wedding day.

Have you seen this before? What are your thoughts on this?

Yes, I've seen this happen twice in the UK.

two good friends of mine had their brothers (one brother, one step-brother) as 'Gentlemen of Honour'. It was mighty fine, and everyone thought it was a great idea.

Do you look good in shocking pink tulle?

• Author
rod_in_gtown
Yes, I've seen this happen twice in the UK.

two good friends of mine had their brothers (one brother, one step-brother) as 'Gentlemen of Honour'. It was mighty fine, and everyone thought it was a great idea.

Do you look good in shocking pink tulle?

I look damn good in a tu-tu so I should fare well in a pink tulle

I look damn good in a tu-tu

I demand to see photos to verify this for ourselves!

as for the man of honor ... what a sweet thing for your sister to ask/do! Just don't let her talk you into wearing tacky styles or colors, brides sometimes lose their sanity during this period and come up with attendants' outfits that are just awful :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Some men in Kilts look very, very sexy. I reckon Rod, with those legs, would qualify.

Only, of course, you know what's traditionally worn under a kilt, don't you.......?

So, my sister is getting married next year. I love her very much and we're very close. She just asked me to be her "Made of Honor" as she put it (because of the movie, which I can't say that I've seen). I accepted. I would be honored to be at her side on her wedding day.

I think it's very sweet that she chose you and you accepted! You two are lucky to have each other.

• Author
rod_in_gtown
Some men in Kilts look very, very sexy. I reckon Rod, with those legs, would qualify.

Only, of course, you know what's traditionally worn under a kilt, don't you.......?

HA!! I do know what you wear under a kilt! another kilt!!

And I don't think I qualify for kilt wearing... I'm not exactly irish :lmao: or is it scottish?

HA!! I do know what you wear under a kilt! another kilt!!

More like 'fresh air'.....:D;)

And I don't think I qualify for kilt wearing... I'm not exactly irish :lmao: or is it scottish?

Scottish!

Rod Stewart's a Scot.

You're a 'Rod'...

Hell, close enough!

Go for it - !! :laugh:

(I dare you...... :p )

• Author
rod_in_gtown
More like 'fresh air'.....:D;)

Scottish!

Rod Stewart's a Scot.

You're a 'Rod'...

Hell, close enough!

Go for it - !! :laugh:

(I dare you...... :p )

Oh I would SO do it, but it's really up to the bride. I'll ask my sister.

It would make me a little unpopular if I want to do some break-dancing.

• Author
rod_in_gtown
Ooooh....I dunno......!!

I'd applaud!

HAhaha! so would my family jewels!

It would make me a little unpopular if I want to do some break-dancing.

I don't know about unpopular. You might get more action later that night than the newlyweds! :lmao::lmao:

My best friend in the entire world is a dude, so I'll have a "dude of honor" of sorts.

And my Mom is going to walk me down the aisle.

And we're going to have stormtroopers and ninjas. No, I'm not kidding.

My best friend in the entire world is a dude, so I'll have a "dude of honor" of sorts.

And my Mom is going to walk me down the aisle.

And we're going to have stormtroopers and ninjas. No, I'm not kidding.

It sounds like a very personalized wedding. Good for you! :)

HAhaha! so would my family jewels!

Ok...tell me how you do that.....!

Some party trick!

Hang on... it's still before the watershed here....ok tell me later!! :D

So, had the movie not come out, you would have been an usher? hmmm jumping on the Hollywood bandwagon.

It should be an honor to be up there with her, and I hope it has more value to the both of you than to just follow in the latest trend.

• Author
rod_in_gtown
So, had the movie not come out, you would have been an usher? hmmm jumping on the Hollywood bandwagon.

It should be an honor to be up there with her, and I hope it has more value to the both of you than to just follow in the latest trend.

I think I would've wound up being one of the best men (there are 3 right now).

I know she's not doing it for the trend, but I think if it wasn't known out there that you could have a "Man of honour", then things might've been different. I mean, we're REALLY close. I love her SO much and she loves me so. I think we definitely became a lot closer when our brother died in a car accident 12 years ago. we me and her didn't get along but we loved him and were his best friends too. We still manage to piss each other off every now and then but in the end we're so lucky to have each other.

We recently (9 years ago) found out that we had a half sister and we've gotten to know her recently and she's also an incredible soul. unfortunately she lives in Argentina and can't really attend my sister's wedding :(

• 2 weeks later...
I look damn good in a tu-tu so I should fare well in a pink tulle

Can I examine your backside in the pink tu tu :) ?

• Author
Can I examine your backside in the pink tu tu :) ?

You can examine my backside in anything anytime anywhere Mary ;)

LucreziaBorgia

Yup, my maid of honor was a guy when I got married in 97. He is gay, too. People were astonished, to be honest but not too much so considering. People knew that H and I were unorthodox to say the least.

I'm down for the view-age of tu-tu pics.

And, good for you & your sister for going against the norm.