having disturbing dreams

I have been engaged since last June to a wonderful man. We've had our ups and downs like any couple, and if anyone's read my previous posts, things have been getting a lot better since I wrote them.

My fiance is spending more time with me and my son, I'm getting a personal trainer to get my weight back under control, and my son is doing a lot better.

But I suppose if it's not one thing, it's another. For the past week, I've been having recurring dreams about an ex. Every night, it ends in a bed. It's been disturbing because I know I don't have feelings for him anymore. Not in the way I used to. I guess, every time I think of him, I'm reminded of the fact that he found another woman a week after we ended an 18 month relationship. And he's now engaged to her. She's stick thin, with horse-like facial features, and I can't think of her as anything more than an ugly whore and they should be well suited to each other.

The big issue? Hello, I'm engaged to another man! Does anyone know how to control dreams? Or can anyone think of ways to prevent them all-together? I know these dreams are occuring because of ego problems. Yes, my ego was hurt a couple years ago because he found someone else so quickly. It left me insecure and a little bitter, but I believe I'd gotten over it when I met my fiance. It's been a couple years. What the heck am I supposed to do? How do I stop these dreams when i don't even truly know why they started in the first place?

I've had some crazy dreams in the past too. I am totally not attracted to my ex at all and now and then an image or something will pop in your head and it is just horrifying. Yuck.

It's probably just related to stress, seriously. The dreams will go away. There was probably some kind of trigger that is bringing back memories. Maybe try not eating too many crazy foods before bed. I've heard that can make dreams more vivid.

I have some crazy dreams too, but usually when i am experiencing changes in my life.

the more you think about and try to interpret your dreams in the day, the more you will dream about it at night since it's always in your thoughts. shift your thinking to about the wedding or your new workout plans :)

hope this helps!