The Man I love

newgirlinlove21

newgirlinlove21

Me and My boyfriend have been together for almost a year. We met each other and fell very much in love. It's not a day or moment that we don't tell other we love each other or we miss each other. We have alot we like and we are only a day apart from each other in birthdays. I am a preschool teacher, so I am alway working. We only see other only on the weekends or sometimes on the weekdays. My boyfriend left his job and in search for a new one immedieatly. The thing is we really love each and can't wait to move in together in our own house. We talk about marriage, family, and moving in alot. On our 6 month anniversary, he took me out to a very fancy resturant(were we had to dress up). I thought he was going to pop the question. When we first met he introduce me his friends as his future wife, the other day he was talking to a long lost friend and he told him that he had a girlfriend that was become his future wife soon. I just want to know when soon is. I don't understand it. Were each other first love, we always talking about how we can't wait to spend the rest of our life together. I just want him to pop the question. He thinks wants you ask a girl to marry him that we have to get marry right away. I don't care when we get marry. It's the fact that we have already commitented to each with promise rings. When are we going to take the next step. What should I do? I don't want to be waiting forever.

NewGirl

Less than a year is not "forever". Slow down. Take a deep breath and do not rush him/the relationship. Let it do what it does. Trust me.

He's shown you through action and words that he loves you and is committed to you. He's also given you a sense of "this is going somewhere." Don't you think expecting him to pop the question is a bit much to ask for at the moment?

Don't ruin a good thing by allowing this to nag you. Enjoy the relationship and take it slow.

theBrokenMuse
When are we going to take the next step. What should I do? I don't want to be waiting forever.

Less than a year is not forever when considering a lifelong commitment. Ideally, it would be wise if the two of you waited until after the honeymoon period you two still seem to be in (can last this long for some folks) dies down a bit before you decide on how to proceed with the next step.

we can't wait to spend the rest of our life together

What have you two been doing up until this point? You aren't spending your lives together now? Who's life are you spending yours with, if its not with this guy?

You're in a rush to get material proof of his verbal comitment. You need to take a step back and re-evaluate what your wants and needs are before you do something irrationally stupid.

What is your rush woman? You seem to think that you two are simply wasting time if you aren't married before the year is up. Your bf isn't going anywhere. He's made that very blatantly obvious, and has announced to everyone important to him his plans on marrying you. So what are you so worried about? Are you scared that if you give him more time to think about it that he'll change his mind and dump you? Do you think he's lying to you, his family, and his best friends, about his desire to marry you?

Figure out what you truly need in life, and throw out all that stupid "I need a ring to prove you love me" BS.

Can you imagine your life without this man if he decides he wants to wait for several years before proposing to you? Would you accept his feelings of not being ready, and embrace them, or would you leave him? Would you decide to dump him if he was never ready for marriage? Can you accept your bf and his timeline for proposing to you? Or is this going to be on your timeline, or else....

What feeling, or thought process, is driving you to decide that an engagement needs to occur RIGHT NOW?