Wedding invatations

So July is fast approaching and I hhave picked out my invatations.

I am working on the invatation wording. But my question is do I need a sepreate reception card? The reception is immediatly following the Ceremony at the same place. It is a more formal wedding but not black tie.

It is an evening wedding.

blind_otter

Every wedding invitation I've ever received had a separte reception card.

But all of those weddings had receptions at a separate location.

So I think it depends. You could just say "reception to follow after the ceremony" or something like that.

Prodigal Princess

Here's a tip: the word is spelt "invitations".

Perhaps the best idea would be to get a professional to prepare these for you. :cool:

• Author
Every wedding invitation I've ever received had a separte reception card.

But all of those weddings had receptions at a separate location.

So I think it depends. You could just say "reception to follow after the ceremony" or something like that.

Good to know. I priced them and they are only $40 more

blind_otter

Perhaps the best idea would be to get a professional to prepare these for you. :cool:

I hate to break it to you, but even when a professional prepares your invites, you decide the wording. At least, that's what happened when I had a professional prepare my wedding invitations. :D

curiousnycgirl

No need for a separate reception card, unless you are planning on only inviting a subset of the total to the reception.

You can just have a line on the invitation that says reception to follow immediately or something like that

• Author

Do you have anything useful to add or are you just being snarky?

It's ok hotgurl, the word she used "spelt" is a type of wheat. The word she is looking for is "spelled" so if she was being snarky, it is ironic that she is making fun of your error.

Anyway I don't see why you would need a separate reception card. My sister got married last spring and she had her reception at the same place as the wedding and immediately following and she just included that information on her invitation. Hope you have a great wedding!

The purpose of the reception card serves two fold: number one it gives the guest the information on the location, time, etc. Number two, it is way for them to RSVP so that you can get a head count for food and beverage purposes.

Where you put it or how you do it is up to you. But not everyone that attends the weeding will attend the reception and you may have some that miss the wedding but make the reception. So you might want something seperate that people can send back to you on whether they intend to attend the reception.

When we did our's, we had a seperate invitation to the reception with its on return envelope and stamp. All they had to do was check the number of people attending and drop it in the mail.

Ahhh.......

This is a new day for weddings. No more formal lacey blah blah with gold fonts.....:sick:

Cookie Cutter Wedding Invites make me cringe... How unimaginative and unmemorable they are.

Do something that you love, and that is about you and your H to be.

Include your daughter.

No need to kill more trees and rack up more postage with multiple pages.

A nice program upon arrival with a photo of your family would be nice.

and if you are going to get wedding favors.... get something people will actually appreciate and enjoy... not stale almonds in fish netting. :lmao:

You invite guests to celebrate with you and the party is just as much about them having a great time.

The purpose of the reception card serves two fold: number one it gives the guest the information on the location, time, etc. Number two, it is way for them to RSVP so that you can get a head count for food and beverage purposes.

Where you put it or how you do it is up to you. But not everyone that attends the weeding will attend the reception and you may have some that miss the wedding but make the reception. So you might want something seperate that people can send back to you on whether they intend to attend the reception.

When we did our's, we had a seperate invitation to the reception with its on return envelope and stamp. All they had to do was check the number of people attending and drop it in the mail.

You do need a RSVP Card.... But no need for multiple pages for a non traditional wedding.

An online wedding website provides so many details.

• Author

I thought that was a response cards. Which is different. A response card comes with a self addresses enevelope and you check whether you will attend and how many people. Or you check regrets.

• Author
Ahhh.......

This is a new day for weddings. No more formal lacey blah blah with gold fonts.....:sick:

Cookie Cutter Wedding Invites make me cringe... How unimaginative and unmemorable they are.

Do something that you love, and that is about you and your H to be.

Include your daughter.

No need to kill more trees and rack up more postage with multiple pages.

A nice program upon arrival with a photo of your family would be nice.

and if you are going to get wedding favors.... get something people will actually appreciate and enjoy... not stale almonds in fish netting. :lmao:

You invite guests to celebrate with you and the party is just as much about them having a great time.

Actually for favors I am either going to give out mini jars of homemade jam, Vt maple syrup or maple tree seedlings.

I was going to do a program. A picture of us is a nice touch.

You do need a RSVP Card.... But no need for multiple pages for a non traditional wedding.

An online wedding website provides so many details.

I agree, you don't need a weeding packet sent out. You could just have the reception details printed on the back of the invitation along with an RSVP card. Don't forget the pretty tissue paper to seperate them. LOL...never understood that one.

Actually for favors I am either going to give out mini jars of homemade jam, Vt maple syrup or maple tree seedlings.

I was going to do a program. A picture of us is a nice touch.

Excellent choice on the favors..... why not a bit of all...

and you need plants around your house/landscape so opt for nicely potted perrenial center pieces if you can get it to fit your theme. Plenty of choices in bloom for July.

I agree, you don't need a weeding packet sent out. You could just have the reception details printed on the back of the invitation along with an RSVP card. Don't forget the pretty tissue paper to seperate them. LOL...never understood that one.

It was originally meant (I believe) to keep ink from smudging... now it is a waste of natural resources.

I so hate plastic weddings...... yak...

• Author
Excellent choice on the favors..... why not a bit of all...

and you need plants around your house/landscape so opt for nicely potted perrenial center pieces if you can get it to fit your theme. Plenty of choices in bloom for July.

Good idea too. Plus I could put some sappy crap about watching our love grow blah blah blah.

I really like the sappling idea although might not be too pratical. Because if you live in an apartment you can't plant trees.

All I want to know is where do I send my address info in order to get a copy of the wedding night video? ;)

Good idea too. Plus I could put some sappy crap about watching our love grow blah blah blah.

I really like the sappling idea although might not be too pratical. Because if you live in an apartment you can't plant trees.

You leave it up to your guests to choose the item they want to take home.

You can get seedlings from the Arbor Day foundation.... but you will have to repackage them in a little pot....

Oh no not the sappy ass "our love is like a warming biscuit, :lmao: the new sun shall rise as we caress our gentle breath upon one another" blah blah crap.... :sick:

Hey people can always use toilet paper..... how bout a double roll for each guest? :p

Trialbyfire

Why not do something different for your invitations? For my invitations and RSVP, I did them myself by hand, using caligraphy and materials of my choice. Each invitation was personalized to the person(s), it was sent to.

Another idea, is to send the invite as a video clip (both of you in it) on a CD or via email, where the time, place, etc, are put on a board behind you, or zoomed into, at the end of the clip. I would send the CD, with an RSVP card.

• Author
Why not do something different for your invitations? For my invitations and RSVP, I did them myself by hand, using caligraphy and materials of my choice. Each invitation was personalized to the person(s), it was sent to.

Another idea, is to send the invite as a video clip (both of you in it) on a CD or via email, where the time, place, etc, are put on a board behind you, or zoomed into, at the end of the clip. I would send the CD, with an RSVP card.

that is a good idea about the video unfotunatly a good percentage of our guest are older and computer illterate.

littlekitty
No need for a separate reception card, unless you are planning on only inviting a subset of the total to the reception.

You can just have a line on the invitation that says reception to follow immediately or something like that

I'd agree with this.

Here we have guests invited to the ceremony and wedding breakfast and reception, then we have guest who are only invited the reception (music/buffet) afterwards. They get two seperate types of wedding invitation.

The first being one stating:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

REQUESTS THE PLEASURE OF THE COMPANY OF

AT THE MARRIAGE OF HER DAUGHTER

The evening one stating:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

REQUESTS THE PLEASURE OF THE COMPANY OF

TO CELEBRATE THE MARRIAGE OF

:)

• Author
All I want to know is where do I send my address info in order to get a copy of the wedding night video? ;)

it address is:

1188 not a chance buddy lane,

in your dreams, vt :p

Trialbyfire
that is a good idea about the video unfotunatly a good percentage of our guest are older and computer illterate.

You could include a transcript. :)

StartingOver07
It's ok hotgurl, the word she used "spelt" is a type of wheat. The word she is looking for is "spelled" so if she was being snarky, it is ironic that she is making fun of your error.

Nope. "Spelt" is correct, although less often used in the US than "spelled."

As to the original question, I believe you only need a separate reception card if not all the wedding guests are also invited to the reception.