Timeline for dating to engagement to marriage?

vanilla_11

Newly engaged (okay, a few months now) but I was just wondering everyone's timeline from dating to engaged to married (if you are)?

BTW, I'm new to the forum and love it. :)

Thanks !!

Their's no timeline. Everyone situation or relationship, I should say,is different. Some people date for several months and then get married. While some people date for several years and then get married. But way to go with your engagement. I'm happy for you!!

I honestly just think it depends on the couple. Just like what she said above, I know people that have gotten engaged and married within a year's span nad others have waited a few years before getting married. It's best to just go for what you feel is right rather than baseyour judgement on other's decisions.

• Author

Yes, I do agree. I have found it difficult for so many of those people who seem to base their feelings on judgements. That's a difficult thing for me to deal with. But I'll get past it. :) Thanks.

It obviously depends on the couple, but for most couples I know, they got married somewhere between 8 months to 18 months after they were engaged, and that timeline was usually based solely on their chosen wedding location's availability. ;)

I think it differs from the dating to engagement..some wait a few months, some weight 5 years! But on the engagement to marriage thing, it depends as well. Like I said on the other thread, I personally feel that long engagements are kind of pointless, I think that engagement should happen if you are looking to get married within the next 1-1.5 years.

So Vanilla, since you are asking this, do you have a judgement about a timeline from engagement to marriage? Maybe we can help.

To each his/her own, really.

Knew one another for a year, dated for a year and four months before engagement, and we're getting married a year and four months after that.

We were originally planning to get married eight months after the engagement, but as someone said earlier, venues book up fast. Plus, I've had so much going on in my life that I just haven't had the time to plan! I'm looking at a year out soon, though, so I really need to nab a location.

Friends of ours - dated three months before engagement, married three months after that, four months after that they are pregnant and over the moon! I love them both, they are very compatible, and I'm so happy for them.

Not a route I would have taken, but why would I begrudge them their happiness?