5 years dating.. any signal for engagement? Couple months dating... getting engaged ?

tontitadeamor

tontitadeamor

DO you know any people that had been through this? how come some ppl dates their partners for longer than 6 years or less and still haven't "pop" the question while theres some ppl that within couple months of getting to know are already engaged and planning the wedding?

How come is this happening so much lately?

My situation is the second one. Just dated for 1 year and half into a LDR and I am already engaged with wedding plans for autumn 2009. I didn't decide it that way, just happened naturally. :love:

I was in a LTR (almost a decade). I wasn't in love with my ex...and I had no idea what I wanted.

Fast forward to now... Been with my bf for about 7+ months. I'm sure I want to marry this guy. Far more sure than I was with the ex.

Sometimes, being in LTR, you learn what you like and what you don't. Want you want and what you need. What is a must and what is negotiable. My past relationship has provided me with a great deal of perspective...

I've seen it happen to some of my friends. They are in LTRs....they break up and then suddenly they find themselves engaged only after months/year of dating.