Photography

xxbaddgurl83xx

xxbaddgurl83xx

My fiance and I are having a small, casual wedding. We purchased a bunch of cameras that we are going to place on the tables at the reception for people to take candid shots of us and each other. We want to hire a photographer to just take photos at our ceremony. The problem is, they are so stinking expensive and we are paying for this ourselves!! My younger brother takes really good and unique pictures with his digital camera and I was thinking of maybe asking him if he would mind taking pictures during our ceremony. Would that seems kinda tacky since he's my brother? Also, do you think we could get good quality pictures from a digital camera?

My fiance and I are having a small, casual wedding. We purchased a bunch of cameras that we are going to place on the tables at the reception for people to take candid shots of us and each other. We want to hire a photographer to just take photos at our ceremony. The problem is, they are so stinking expensive and we are paying for this ourselves!! My younger brother takes really good and unique pictures with his digital camera and I was thinking of maybe asking him if he would mind taking pictures during our ceremony. Would that seems kinda tacky since he's my brother? Also, do you think we could get good quality pictures from a digital camera?

When My best friend got married they used a digital camera and the pictures turned out fine.

They weren't photo perfect but they worked.

TYASAFAHICSI

If iy is your younger brother, I would say he would be thrilled to do it. Just make sure it is a decent camera. I recommend a digital SLR so you can optically zoom and not rely on the digital zoom. Also use a huge memory card and set the resolution as high as you can.

You can crop and edit as you like at home and then take them in to a Ritz store and have prints made or use an online photoservice.

Fly My Pretties

I'm a photographer and I shoot weddings. The cameras on the tables is a nice idea in theory, but most couples are disappointed with the end result.

If your brother is going to shoot the ceremony, find out what sort of camera he has, it should be at least 8 megapixels if you want large reprints. A digital SLR is the best option as you can control the shutter speed and the aperture settings, which allow more *or less) light in without the need for flash and also control the depth of field - so you can make sure everyone in the pic will be in focus, or alternatively get that nice blurred background effect.

If you look at the cost of digital SLRs, an entry level one might even be worth buying for your brother - much cheaper than a photographer! (and a thank you for his work)

Some advice if he does do it - search on the internet for lists of suggested group shots, for him to work through on the day.

Get him a book on how to physically pose people, otherwise you'll be left with pics of everyone unflatteringly square onto the camera.

Check with the officiant at the wedding about rules during the ceremony - some don't like photography during the vows.

Good luck!