Ok to have mom as maid of honor?

xxbaddgurl83xx

xxbaddgurl83xx

I am getting married next year and I need to decide who I would like to have in my bridal party. Over the past few years my best friend and I have drifted apart. We are still friends but we aren't nearly as close as we use to be so I don't feel comfortable asking her to be my maid of honor. The only person who I am really close to in my life is my mother. She is basically my best friend. She has been there for me through everything in my life and I would really love to have her stand beside me when I get married. Would it be strange to ask my mother to be my maid of honor? Any feedback would be great! Thanks!

I don't see why it should be a problem?! It's YOUR big day, and to me that means you should do what YOU want and what feels right for YOU!

Go with what you feel is right for you on your big day. I will be. :D

Do whatever you'd like. What I learned with my wedding is that nothing is set in stone. You can do a wedding ANY way you like!! I had both my Mom and my Dad walk me down the isle. Traditional weddings are things of the past. If you want your Mom as your Maid of Honor, go for it! There's nothing saying that you can't.