Just wanted to be friends

stevenkim

I have been going through grade 9 and it's almost over. there's only six weeks left and I definitly need help

beginning of the year, I was an unpopular kid, I grabbed life by the guts and started to live, and things started to change. I became one of the more noticible figures in school and I am both accepted in the "cool" and the "less cool" people's groups, yet I don't hang out with the "super cool" groups of people yet, I get along quite well with them and they don't seem to have me around anyway, and I do sometimes talk with them, not like some of the other kids.

by now you probably figured out that I'm an asian, by my last name.

The critical question is, I have been hanging out with these girls who are in the middle of less cool and cool people at lunch in the school drama room. no other guys enter but me and my freind and my freind leaves to do something else about 20 minutes before the lunch is over. so I'm left with about 5-6 girls talking amongst themselves. on the second day of that I was kind of flirting with couple of the girls who were more attractive to me than the others and they seemed pleased and warmed up to me alittle I guess. the next day, I tried flirting with all of them, even the not attractive ones, to put them in competitive mode (lol) it's quite funny how psychology works so well into this, also I was playing my guitar and they listened quite attentively. so it's been quite fun and then one day, they weren't as talkative. they did not start the conversation and I had to start it and created a small akward moment. after awhile, two of the girls left and I was playing my guitar in silence and it was just not what I wanted. next day the same thing happened, the same two left and the same 3 were left it repeated for one more day, which is today. So after school I tried to talk to one of the girls who are more talkative and flirtacious, yet I could not get any talk out of her. I couldn't talk like a "friend." it was like I was a stranger.

My big question is, how could I become closer and close enough to later hang out and have fun with them in the summer.

I am in grade nine and this is a christian school, wheer there is pretty much no blasphemy (hahaha) so this is more like friendship issue.

I think it would be great if you guys could give me some good conversation tips, behavior tips, tricks, or even flirting tips. I dont neccesarily want to date them, I just want to be friends so that I have a connection later.

please help me, and thank you for taking the time to read this.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, lover, are you looking for a friendship or a girlfriend? If you just want a friendship with these girls then there is no need to flirt. Just be yourself, people like to be around others who like themselves. I would simply ask these girls for their phone numbers and tell them you would like to hang out with them over the summer. People are always flattered when they are made to feel wanted. Good luck!

random.girl

wow haha just wait tilll you get in high school.. then you'll see the groups really unfold and whos who!

but now, if you're trying to climb up the social ladder in middle school.. i know theres nooo stopping ya, and becoming a 'flirt' is definitley a label that would help. sad, i know, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you wanna get up there. asain flirt is deifnitly unique to lol, you could start a whole new clique to yourself!

man the reason it all went bad one day was probably cause... those girls had a nice long chat about you. sadd, but thats what they do. either that or they found something out about you that made them think differently..? i dont know, when girls of groups just decide on something they usually just take on the same opinon as each other. specially in middle school haha.

ps. by this point i hope you're in middle school and going into high school, or else this will seem kind of weird. lol.

so anywaysss, since it seems they all made up their minds about something on you, reinvent yourself! you dont have to be a flirt or a player or anything (that will probably turn them off if you do something like that) but just prove to them that you are the cool, laid back kinda guy that you once were with them, regardless of what they think of you now. dont let what they think now forget them of what you once seemed to be to them!! if that sentence made any sense!!

yeah, i'm done haha

ps, the other guy who replied had a good idea, think about girlfriends vs. friends... believeee me you dont want to get those two things mixed up unless you want a lot of confusion !