"an inch of hope"

I think everyone here is going through the same situation so I won't bore everyone with too much details. But the girl I am mad about is going out with this loser guy. Don't want to sound too jealous but he really is. Really out of character for her, but she explained to me that with this guy, she is in control. She has the upper hand. She recently ended a bad 5 year relationship and she still goes through a lot of drama with her ex. And her new man has trouble written all over him. She knows how I feel about her. Well she said that she felt a little intimidated by me because I am so smart and talented in her eyes. I think that is total bs. Anyway, I stopped talking to her. I was done. She then writes me a letter asking me not to punish her for taking too long and asking me not to push her away for being scared. She then wrote:

"If you never had an inch of hope of ever being with me, well here is one. I do think of what it would be like if we were together. Maybe then I'd be at peace."

That was how she ended it. I don't know what to think now. Was this her deperate way of sticking her claws back in me so I won't abandon her? I don't know. I know I should just walk away, but now with that remark, it is harder.

Depends on if your willing to wait. She obviously wants to keep you around if or when she changes her mind, but is that enough for you? The ball is in your court. How strong are your feelings for her and can you just sit and wait for hope? If it was me I would move on and wish her well but you must decide for yourself.

She needs to be by herself for a while. She can't get out of a bad relationship then fly right into another one...Then end that one and boom! She's with you.

Tell her how you feel about her, lay it all out in the open. Explain that you won't be waiting in the wings but you are interested enough to keep the door open abit. You have nothing to lose right now.

I kind of think you should ignore her email to be honest. Yes, she's trying to string you along and give you hope in case seh changes her mind.

Come on now. Would you advise a friend to hang out and wait for that? Sounds pretty arrogant to me.

Good luck,

Daphne

bluechocolate

You know how she told you she has the upper hand with this guy? She's setting the ground work to have the upper hand with you too.

An inch of hope? What kind of s*** is that? Honestly! If you want to be satisfied with the occasional thrown scrap, like a dog, then hang around with your inch of hope & wait for her.

Don't you think you deserve more?