to trust or not to trust, that is the question

argh. so when you tell some pretty personal things to a friend whom you're so sure you can trust, and then he turns around and calls your mother and tells it all to her, what the hell are you supposed to do? say, o well, no big deal, and ignore it? say, dammit, i hate you, and ignore him? i'm so mad at him right now, and he doesn't get back from vacation until the 29th, so i can't find out exactly what he said and why yet. i realize i probably shouldn't have said most of the things i did, but i was having a rough time and he said he'd try to help... some help this is. i'm tempted to avoid him for a few weeks, but i know that probably wouldn't do any good.

what would you do if a friend betrayed your trust and told your mother what you thought wouldn't go beyond the friend you told?

IxHopexYouxChoke

Love, this has happened to me before. The thing is my Mama and I are like bestfriends and she knows everything about me. But if I was you, Id ask him what the hell he was thinking. You have every rite to be very upset with him. You should also probably ask of all people why tell your mother. Maybe he was trying to make your mother think stuff or try to get you in trouble. I mean you say you can trust him but what if you cant. Anyways I doubt this helps but just ignore him for a few days then ask them those questions and if he dont answer you kick him in the nuts. Also talk to your mom about what he said and get things straightened out.

Our friends aren't perfect and from time to time they will screw up and hurt our feelings. But, as with any breach of trust, I think we need to make it plain to our friends where we feel they hurt or let us down, and make it clear to them we don't like it when they do this sort of thing. The past is the past and cannot be undone, and so long as a friend does not constantly betray our confidence and feelings, I think it is better to forgive than to condemn.