The statutory rape laws and money relationships

I mostly write about political aspects and world issues but I found this forum after searching google for statutory rape info and decided to share my opinion in the form of this thread.

The Statutory Rape Laws:

Today in America, it is very possible for a 15-17 year old girl to fall in love with an 18-19 or even older male. It is also illegal according to the age of consent. Its been debated on both sides. On one side of the coin alot of right-wing Christian activists have played the 'mindset' card, debating that the mentality and matureness of said girl is not high enough in order for her to make her own decisions. Now of course to any reasonable person, this arguement holds no grounds, since we cannot judge the mindset of every individual just by placing them in an age group. Some women who are 20+ still donot have the 'mindset' to know whats right for them, should they be subject to the consent laws? On the other hand, girls as young as 15 have been and can be mature enough physically, emotionally, mentally, intellectually, and sexually to the point of making the 'right choice'.

Should an 18 year old male be tried with rape if he has sexual relations with a 17 year old? According to our justice system, the age marks the exact date in which they turn of age, thus an analogy: A girl is 17 years old, she will be 18 on July 10th. Her boyfriend whome she has been dating since she was 15 (he was 16 at the time she was 15) is now 18 and his birthday is July 9th. According to our laws, if this 17 yr old girl has sex with this 18 yr old boy on July 9th, a day before she is 18, and even if she is willingly or even leading on the encounter, it is legally considered "rape". Do you see the flaw in this law yet? If you haven't I inspire you to look closer.

Love does not have an age limit or a set of terms. Love does not have an installment payment plan or a financial recovery goal. Love does not look at your wallet, your face, your reputation or your age/ethnicity. Love is blind.

I understand mothers are protective and want to watch out for their children, they dont want their 11-12 year old daughter dating a 25-30 year old, and this is COMPLETELY understandable. But I am talking about the situation of 15-20ish. The same law that protects young children is now hindering the relationships of young adults. It is important for us as a society to look at both sides of the coin and not just one stance. I can see the mothers point of view of not wanting her daughter to be tricked, but if a relationship has been going on for some years and is not totally based off sex, then we can best assume sex is not what the guy has totally in mind, or else he would have dumped her for more of a variety of prospects.

I can safely say on this day December 23rd 2005 that the statutory rape laws violate our constitution since they hinder our basic rights which involve Freedom and the pursuit of happiness. For example, im sure some of you followed a case were a teacher and a student fell in love and she got slapped with a mess of 'statutory rape charges', it is to my advantage in this arguement that to this day the teacher is now happily married to said student (now that he is "legal") and has 2 children.

Relationships and Money:

Being able to support yourself and your spouse has been traditionally a males job, hence any male who lets a woman support him is looked upon in American society as "prideless" or "weak". Yet there are some who donot judge pride or strength based of dollars. The ability to survive and take care of yourself in a country were dollars run the very air you breathe, is pretty much something all Americans should learn. But for someone to base a relationship solely off money, I believe, is "legal" prostitution. Let me give you an example of Legal prostitution.

An example of legal prostitution is when a very rich man meets a very beautiful woman. They may not have anything in common, infact, they may no even like each other. But the man decides he wants her for the sex, and the woman decides she wants this man for his money. Alot of American marriages are formed this way, and its the reason there are alot of American divorces. Quite so, that I currently view divorces the same way I view a prostitute being driven back to her street corner. Gold digging is no longer considered "gold digging" in America, its considered "finding the right man" or "wanting a better life". Ive seen tons and tons and tons of women divorce men, completely because they wanted more money and a richer guy.

Now tell me this, who is weak/prideless? The man who is jobless yet loves a woman more than anything and gives her the comfort/security and love that no other man can? Or a woman who dates/marries just for the money? In todays American society, the man I described is viewed as a "Freeloader" and the woman is viewed as an "Accomplished woman". I am not sexist by any means, I am just someone who looks at both sides and perspectives.

A women growing up in American society were money means practically everything, might view a man with no money as "nothing". Thus this becomes not an issue of ones own moral standards, but an issue of American culture, or lack of culture, forcing an ideology of 'measurement by money'. The measurement by money/status is the result of alot of divorces. A woman may find a man who can provide her with a home, rich and expensive things, and a new car, but she may not recieve the same romantic or sensual feelings that she shared with a man of lesser status/money. In Americas eyes, the man with the dollars is BETTER and hence by that reasoning, provides better relationship. Reality wins though, and most of these relationships end up with bitter divorces in which the money is "split" so that the digging party does not leave empty handed.

I am not bashing every situation. I wholeheartedly believe there are scenarios of rich men marrying women for love, but sadly, there is more scenarios of women marrying rich men for money, just as there are men who marry women for sex/looks.

I hope this post has shed some light on these 2 topics and I also hope that I have opened a door to different perspectives for those of you who are stuck in one mode of thinking.

I hope this post has shed some light on these 2 topics and I also hope that I have opened a door to different perspectives for those of you who are stuck in one mode of thinking.

Mine eyes have been opened to the tree of knowledge, and I bid a teary-eyed farewell to the garden of Eden in which I spent so many happy and innocent hours.

Thanks for that, Dariush.

America looks like a messed up country if I'm allowed to say this. Gold diggers and greedy women everywhere. Exploited defenseless men. Kids trialed for rape, because they have sex a day after their 18th birthday with their minor girlfriend (couldn't they have sex on her birthday as a celebration? Should dumb kids really be allowed to have sex?).