my friends hate her

This girl I like it's hard to hang out with her bc she doesnt like my friends and mine dont like her. I'm only 16 so I don't drive yet and I can only go out 1-2 times a weekend and thats like the only time she can hangout. How should i do this??

First of all, without wanting to sound rude, get a new username. Nomen est omen and the way you look at yourself, which includes also the names you use, will have a deeper impact than you may believe. People will catch on your attitude and they will start treating the way you expect to be treated. If you call yourself a loser, you will live, walk and breathe like a loser and people will treat and see you as a loser. You're not a loser and that's what you must believe if you want to have success in life.

In regard to your girlfriend and your friends, I would first ask each of them what the reason for their animosity is.

Well, in the one instance where my friends did not like the girlfriend of another friend, it was entirely based on her being an abrasive, argumentative, mean, dramatic, white-bread-rap culture lovin', pretentious, annoying shrew. But that was obvious to everyone but our friend. Ha ha ha. He knows it now, of course.

This girl I like it's hard to hang out with her bc she doesnt like my friends and mine dont like her. I'm only 16 so I don't drive yet and I can only go out 1-2 times a weekend and thats like the only time she can hangout. How should i do this??

I think as Brittany's saying, we'd really need a bit more info on why your friends and this girl don't like eachother. Does she dislike them because she's picked up bad vibes from them? Do they dislike her because they're cliquey? Your friends don't necessarily need to like your girlfriend, but unless she's making their lives difficult in some way then it's not really for them to start spoiling your lovelife.

How a guy's friends treat his girlfriend can sometimes be reflective of where they see the guy himself within the group pecking order. Unless they have very valid reasons for not liking her, I think you'll need to have the balls to say "This is who I'm with. Treat her with a bit of respect...." If you don't, then you might find that this problem arises whoever you go out with.

On second thought, it might appear a little bit weird if someone with the user name 'loony' gives advice on choosing your name, but I think my name allows at least various interpretations while 'loser' is just that. It's a very negative label that you put on yourself.

travellingman

Back when I was in HS, it was very hard to keep anything going if a girl couldn't get along with my friends. Going out in groups was a big part of the scene, and being with someone everyone hated would have lead to social isolation.

• Author
On second thought, it might appear a little bit weird if someone with the user name 'loony' gives advice on choosing your name, but I think my name allows at least various interpretations while 'loser' is just that. It's a very negative label that you put on yourself.

Haha alright I'll change it eventually they never gave a reason they r just like I don't know she's gay, she's a slut. My friends are very judgemental. I don't want a get new friends advice eithier I like my friends they are fun to hang out with and are nice to me. I also want to keep this relatioonship going. This girl doesn't like her because they are mean to her and I don't blame her.